Fridges in Spirit Cabins?

LTC

Insulin does not need to be refrigerated. Always says up to 28 days is ok. I think NCL wised up and is now charging if you need one for your "insulin". Per my doctor, I've kept mine on the counter for a one week cruise.:confused:

Thanks for all the replies. I thought that I had heard that NCL had put fridges in all the cabins. I'll be going on a Med. cruise in September and had hoped that was the case. Guess it won't be happening.

Yes, I too heard they were going to be adding fridges in February, but that was not the case on our 3/4/12 cruise. It couldn't hurt to make a special request for one and see what happens. Good luck if you do so.

Enjoy your cruise to the Med., I am soooo jealous....

they would have had to rewire the whole ship to to put fridges in each cabin of the spirit. not going to happen. the other NCL ships do have fridges, it's just the spirit that they are limited to suites or requests. remember, the spirit was never made and wired for the asian market..wiring is different.

they would have had to rewire the whole ship to to put fridges in each cabin of the spirit. not going to happen. the other NCL ships do have fridges, it's just the spirit that they are limited to suites or requests. remember, the spirit was never made and wired for the asian market..wiring is different.

I disagree, NCL wouldn't have to rewire the entire ship. But they would have to install 220 volt fridges, not the 110 volt variety. Which, by the way, should be extremely easy for any European shipyard. Stationing the Spirit in Europe full time makes this an easier upgrade to do. Whether NCL will actually upgrade all the cabins with fridges is up to them.

I called and requested one for our 4/01 cruise. She asked if it was medical and I said no. She said ok, no charge. But it is based on availability and medical reasons come first. We'll see in two weeks if I receive it. It comes in handy for drinks, but if others need it for medical reasons, it wont bother me not to have it.

I called and requested one for our 4/01 cruise. She asked if it was medical and I said no. She said ok, no charge. But it is based on availability and medical reasons come first. We'll see in two weeks if I receive it. It comes in handy for drinks, but if others need it for medical reasons, it wont bother me not to have it.

who did you phone? we do need one for medical reasons and previously have fillled in the requested forms and posted off but the ship has never had a record of our request!

Has not been too much of a problem as cleared mini fridge of drinks but that would not be an option in this case and dont want to get to the ship and find they all gone!

who did you phone? we do need one for medical reasons and previously have fillled in the requested forms and posted off but the ship has never had a record of our request!

Has not been too much of a problem as cleared mini fridge of drinks but that would not be an option in this case and dont want to get to the ship and find they all gone!

I called about a month ago and I'm sorry I don't remember which number I used. I booked directly with NCL and I believe it was a number on my receipt. (which is at work at the moment). There were at least 5 others on my roll call that also reserved them and got the same response. (free but medical reasons get priority). I doubt they all booked direct. I would just call whatever number you may have on your edocs.

Archived