Freedom of the Seas-Quick Questions

I will be travelling on the FOS July 2012 and had a few questions I was hoping some of you posters could answer for me:

When the boat arrives in port on the final day of the cruise, how long do passengers have before they must disembark?

My time dining is 'come when you want' dining? Does it cost extra?

What is the benefit of purchasing a drink package?

What food options are free? Is it only the MDR and Wyndjammer?

Are the shows on Freedom free? and do you have to book them in advance? I read there was some difficulty with seating....

Can you bring hair straighteners on board?

Is there still a midnight buffet?!

Any response to any question is much appreciated!!

Happy cruising:)

I will be travelling on the FOS July 2012 and had a few questions I was hoping some of you posters could answer for me:

When the boat arrives in port on the final day of the cruise, how long do passengers have before they must disembark?-Everyone has to be off by 9:30. I just asked the Concierge this question on Saturday. My advice, have breakfast, chill, the get off by 9ish.

My time dining is 'come when you want' dining? Does it cost extra? It's not extra but you have to prepay gratuities. Also try going to dinner at non traditional dinning times or you will wait on line.

What is the benefit of purchasing a drink package? I think it works out to cheaper drinks.

What food options are free? Is it only the MDR and Wyndjammer? There is sorrentos-pizza, and the cafe promenade-sammies, coffee, pastries, etc.

Are the shows on Freedom free? and do you have to book them in advance? I read there was some difficulty with seating.... Book in ADVANCE! They are free. When you reserve you walk right in. Everyone else has to wait. Also the cruise director mentioned that the later show time aren't that busy so keep that in mind too.

Can you bring hair straighteners on board? Yup. I brought mine.

Is there still a midnight buffet?! Nope!

Any response to any question is much appreciated!!

Happy cruising:)

Hope this helps!

When the boat arrives in port on the final day of the cruise, how long do passengers have before they must disembark? Usually they clear the boat by about 9:30 from what I have experienced.

My time dining is 'come when you want' dining? Does it cost extra?No

What is the benefit of purchasing a drink package? Are you talking about soda, water, juice or wine? basically it depends on how much you drink of each.

What food options are free? Is it only the MDR and Wyndjammer? MDR, Windjammer, Cafe Promenade(great sandwiches and cookies),and Sorrentos (Pizza, pannini's, marinated mushrooms, bruschetta, etc.)

Are the shows on Freedom free? and do you have to book them in advance? I read there was some difficulty with seating....Shows are free. You do book most of them on-line now. We have not had to do that in the past and I have heard mixed reviews.

Can you bring hair straighteners on board? Yes

Is there still a midnight buffet?!No

Freedom is great! We will be on her for the third time his summer. Enjoy!!

thank you both! For the drink packages, I guess a better question to ask would be what do they include? Is the only free drink tap water?

There is a wine package that you can pre order bottles of wine which will save you a few dollars. There is a soda package which includes unlimited soda. besides that, I don't believe there are any drink packages on board. I'm pretty sure every thing else is cash and carry( actually sea pass and carry ).

There is usually free flavored water in the pizza place and the Windjammer always has some kind of lemonade and juice that is free. At meals the fruit juices, lemonade and milk is free. You normally only have to pay for soda or canned/bottled drinks.

We don't drink soda, so we don't get that package and can always find lemonade or juice to drink for free.

Hope that helps

There is usually free flavored water in the pizza place and the Windjammer always has some kind of lemonade and juice that is free. At meals the fruit juices, lemonade and milk is free. You normally only have to pay for soda or canned/bottled drinks.

We don't drink soda, so we don't get that package and can always find lemonade or juice to drink for free.

Hope that helps

AND we really loved the mango, kiwi flavored waters after a beach day!!:cool:

We usually cruise on Radiance class. I had no idea you have to reserve shows. Do you do this prior to cruise, or just after you board? And do you get actual tickets?

In the past, we usually just enjoy the free tea/water/lemonade, but this last cruise we got the soda package and really enjoyed it. I try not to think about how many 2 liter bottles I could buy with that amount here at home. Ha! I just consider it a part of our vacation and budget for it.

I might add that we always did the meals in the main dining room in the evening, and breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer and avoided the pay extra venues. However, this last cruise we tried Sambas and Chops on the 2 formal nights (on the Radiance). I'm in love with Chops. We are going there again next cruise for both formal nights (in lieu of packing formal wear).

Have never been on Freedom, but we are considering it. Thanks for the info.

Archived