IE and useless info 2

ekco

Nice little update on her blogg today. She'd a little tear as so proud. If any one interested it's www.singergirl89.wordpress.com

:D

Thanks Jen. Really interesting to read Danni's experiences. Now looking forward to our cruise even more. :) Also have stopped worrying about the cheaper prices!! You're right, we may not have got the cabin we chose.

Have just read your daughters blog, it is very interesting, will be nice when we get on board it will be like we know her already. She sounds as though she is having a great time. We board the IE on 12th June for 2 weeks and can't wait.

I look forward to reading more of Danni's blog.

Maxine

Thanks Maxine for your kind comments and the rest of my fellow cruisecritic friends. :)

Let's hope the actual passengers from last week agree with Dannis views then we can all rest and look forward to our own holidays. Although I know I can enjoy my holiday as long as there is a little sun and warmth and lots of food and drink( preferably the alcoholic kind) and a few friendly faces. :D:D

good one Stevie! Looking forward to reviews from the returning IE cruisers - the first of the season. Wonder when the first one will appear?

Just seen this review on another site. Think it must be the first one:

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/island-cruises/island-escape/read_review_34280/

Overall, a positive one! :)

Love that ,must go the good ship like now?!

the entertainers do work very hard

Me and RR can do two shows a night , but somehow would not be just as good:rolleyes:

but who knows ?:eek:

I used to be a drummer but...................:(

Stevie

RR and the Rebel Rousers ?

Yahama kit for me (not electric )

RR Lead vocals ?

Jim and Kalos backing singers :D oh yeh & Kruzeeka

oh well perhaps soon :cool:

Hi Joff

We are off on IE for a week on Tuesday, how was it? Not done IE before but we did Ocean Village a few years ago, how does it compare? We did RCI earlier this year so I know this a much more informal, casual and less glam ship so I'm not expecting that but we got it for an absolute bargain £200 each so it seemed rude not to jump aboard :-)

I've got a 4 year old so any info on kids club would be good and also is the a la carte worth the investment, what are the bar prices? Finally what is the power sockets 9uk or european) - sorry for all the questions

Thanks Nix

Answer 1:-

Really rather good thanks for asking,

Answers to NIx :-

We did the OV & OV2 in 2007 and I would say that the 2 OV's were much tidier in the public areas but now that the IE has had it's Refurb (New carpets all round public areas, new door skins on cabin doors, showers have been lined with white plastic sheeting and new shower and wardrobe curtains) and it is a lot better and of course very informal (sometimes a little too informal)

Regarding the kids club I know there is one (pass it on the way to the sundowner restaurant) and I believe all you have to do is register them on the dockside when you register your credit/debit card and have your photos done for your onboard card.

Regarding the a la carte restaurant personally I wouldn't bother unless for a special occasion, even though they were offering a deal several nights a week and also after 9p.m.

Bar prices are comparable with city centre prices, £3.15 for Pints of stella

Bottle of house red wine £13.25

Power sockets are 2 pin round euro.

Now on to the important serious issue of ENTERTAINMENT,

Firstly Jenny,

You should be very proud of "Dani" (You didn't say there were 3 in the team and yes it was me who asked her about you, sorry if it freaked here out).

SHE WAS WONDERFUL A REAL JOY TO WATCH

My only criticism is the fact that there was 3 continous nights of UK guest acts.

All of the show team were great, and most of the hosts in the bounty lounge.

And Last but not least MR Ross Roberts - The living Leg End (sic) was just sublimely brilliant.

In the words of Captain Piotr errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't know, I was hoping that tinkerbell was going to tell me LOL

Joff thanks for those kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed her singing , we are biased I know but she has got a beautiful voice as have all the others.

Pleased to read you had good trip, hope you weren't to bothered by the couple of rough nights weather. Danni said it was a little choppy.

Glad your home safe. Are you planning your next cruise now ?

thanks for the update Joff - we weren't expecting any great refurbishment as IE is IE, so it's good to hear of the small improvements. We too have been on OV a few times and agree it was a "tidier" ship and we did like it as we do all the other Thomson ships, but we prefer the friendliness of Island Escape. We tried the Celebrity Eclipse from Southampton which everyone else seemed to love but we'll stick to Thomson's and IE - more our scene - and the entertainment is 100% better in our view.:)::)

Archived