Golden E732: Noise from Vista Lounge Below?

slomotion

Hi,

We're looking at booking a 14 day RT LA-Hawaii in October in E732 and see that it is directly above the Vista Lounge.

Has anyone stayed in that cabin or in E733?

Was there much noise from the Vista Lounge below?

What shows or night-time events are held in the Vista at night?

slomo

I stayed in E 728, and yes, I could feel the bass from below, not just during shows, but rehearsals as well.

Rehearsals generally lasted around an hour in the late afternoons.

As for the shows, usually we were either at them, or somewhere else.

Many times, the venues were just games and things like that. Other times, there were production shows going on.

It isn't that bad, doesn't last very long, and it's not every day.

The only time it really bothered me was when a show went on until after 11 PM and we had a 7 AM excursion the next morning.

I would say that if you know about the possibility of noise and bass beforehand, it won't be a surprise.

Some people report hearing nothing. YMMV....

Enjoy your cruise no matter what!!!:D

If you can book on the starboard side, you won't hear anything....

I stayed in E 728, and yes, I could feel the bass from below, not just during shows, but rehearsals as well.

Rehearsals generally lasted around an hour in the late afternoons.

As for the shows, usually we were either at them, or somewhere else.

Many times, the venues were just games and things like that. Other times, there were production shows going on.

It isn't that bad, doesn't last very long, and it's not every day.

The only time it really bothered me was when a show went on until after 11 PM and we had a 7 AM excursion the next morning.

I would say that if you know about the possibility of noise and bass beforehand, it won't be a surprise.

Some people report hearing nothing. YMMV....

Enjoy your cruise no matter what!!!:D

If you can book on the starboard side, you won't hear anything....

Princess,

Thanks. The starboard is is available, but as I looked at the deck plan, it too was over the Vista, but not, as you pointed out, over the stage.

There are two suites one deck up available, and I guess we need to consider those as well.

Thanks.

Slomo

The Emerald deck minisuites are my favorite cabins and are generally very quiet. There is not a lot of foot traffic in the aft area and you have easy access to the main dining room and the buffet, which are both aft. The Emerald minis also have fully covered balconies, unlike the Dolphin deck minis. The only reports of noise from the club below are in the 3 most aft cabins on portside, which would include E728. Those cabins are directly over the stage. I would avoid those 3 cabins.

I have stayed in the starboard side minisuites many times and never heard any noise, including E729. I have also stayed in a few of the portside minis that are the most forward and never experienced any noise there.

The Emerald deck minisuites are my favorite cabins and are generally very quiet. There is not a lot of foot traffic in the aft area and you have easy access to the main dining room and the buffet, which are both aft. The Emerald minis also have fully covered balconies, unlike the Dolphin deck minis. The only reports of noise from the club below are in the 3 most aft cabins on portside, which would include E728. Those cabins are directly over the stage. I would avoid those 3 cabins.

I have stayed in the starboard side minisuites many times and never heard any noise, including E729. I have also stayed in a few of the portside minis that are the most forward and never experienced any noise there.

PrincessPatches,

Thanks for the info.

We like the covered balconies on the Emerald Deck as well but had some concerns regarding noise in the aft cabins from the Vista lounge just below.

Appreciate your response.

Slomo (from San Luis Obispo)

If you can get an Emerald deck mini on the starboard side, that would be best.

As I stated, I had E728, and heard and felt the beat.

I have stayed in E 725 and heard nothing.

Another thing I didn't mention is that when I booked my next Golden cruise, E 728 was available, so I booked it again because I like the extended balcony.

However, when E 729 became available, I switched immediately.

I sail in 6 weeks!!:D

If you can get an Emerald deck mini on the starboard side, that would be best.

As I stated, I had E728, and heard and felt the beat.

I have stayed in E 725 and heard nothing.

Another thing I didn't mention is that when I booked my next Golden cruise, E 728 was available, so I booked it again because I like the extended balcony.

However, when E 729 became available, I switched immediately.

I sail in 6 weeks!!:D

Thanks again. We've booked E733. I'd love to hear from you to see if or how noisy it was.

You can reach me at bigeurospender at yahoo dot com

Have stayed in those last emerald minis on Golden, Diamond and Star. Could hear a little sometimes but not enough to keep them from being our favorite staterooms.

Morris, were you on port or starboard?

We were in E724 and yes we could feel and hear the music from the Vista lounge. Even though we did it didn't really bother us. Had great cruise despite the weather.

Hi Cat Lover,

Thanks for the additional info. If you remember, how late into the night did you hear/feel the music.

Slomo.

For those booking the Emerald, we had cabin E510..it was over the Explorers lounge; the noise (especially) bass was HORRIBLE~the cabin vibrated, not good!:(

Thanks for the comment, but we're talking about the Golden and the Vista lounge.

Consensus here is that the starboard side has few if any problems with noise, so I guess that's where we'll be.

slomo

Archived