nov 17 caribean princess 7 days then getting on grand princess the same day questions

sheldon87cam

hi guys i am looking at the nov 17 b2b cruise in the caribean for 14 days son in order to get credit for two cruise i am going to book it in two 7 day trips as cruise consulatent said the 14 days b2b would be considered as one cruise only not two so i then asked if i could change it up alittle as on the 17 of nov you could either book on the caribean or grand for the first 7 days but the next 7 is on the grand , so it looks like i will leave the 17 nov on caribean then return to fort lauderdale on nov 24 then take the grand for the second 7 days , my question is has anyone done this before , and if so how hard is it to get from one ship to the other , and what do you do with the time in between , princess told me that it is no problem but i want to ask all you seasoned cruisers your thoughts thanks sheldon

We did this between the crown and the grand in January and Princess arranged a shuttle bus to take us over to the other ship. We were given instructions on where to meet when disembarking the Crown, and we're led to the shuttle. You will have to put your luggage out the night before, collect it when going to the shuttle, go through imagination and then on to the bus. You will receive a disembarkation letter near the end of your first cruise and there will be a spot to check off "going to another Princess ship". Just check that and state which ship, then you will receive instructions on which lounge and what time to met to go through the moving over procedure.

Beachbum

We did this between the crown and the grand in January and Princess arranged a shuttle bus to take us over to the other ship. We were given instructions on where to meet when disembarking the Crown, and we're led to the shuttle. You will have to put your luggage out the night before, collect it when going to the shuttle, go through imagination and then on to the bus. You will receive a disembarkation letter near the end of your first cruise and there will be a spot to check off "going to another Princess ship". Just check that and state which ship, then you will receive instructions on which lounge and what time to met to go through the moving over procedure.

Beachbum

We did it once with a layover in their hotel & there was no charge. Did they charge for the shuttle or was it free?

One other thing I forgot to mention, make sure you take your luggage tags for the second cruise. We were told to put the new tags on our bags when we put them out on the last night of the first cruise. Once you have picked up your bags after disembarking the first cruise you will take them to the shuttle and not see them again until they show up at your new cabin on your new ship. Make sure you have your passport and boarding pass on your person as you will need them to board the ship you are going to. As for what to do in between ships, you will be the last to disembark the first ship, and once everyone is on the shuttle and taken to the next ship, you can do as you please. We still had carry on luggage so we checked onto the new ship right away. There was a bit of a wait, maybe 20 mins or so, then we wew on the ship, I believe around 11:30. Depending on which terminal you are at, you may want to get back off the ship to do some shopping or you may wish to relax and enjoy the new ship, which is what we did. Good luck and enjoy your b2b. Hope this helps.

Beachbum

We did it once with a layover in their hotel & there was no charge. Did they charge for the shuttle or was it free?

Shuttle was free. We have also done b2bs b4 when we had a day in between and Princess has put us up in a hotel for free, but the last time we did this they said they were no longer doing this and we had to arrange for a hotel on our own. Cutbacks I guess.

I think they are probably doing the shuttle busses now between their ships as they no longer seem to be doing any 14 day Caribbean cruises, only 7 day ones and more and more people are jumping ships to make up a 14 day cruise with different ports.

Beachbum

several years ago we did a b2b on the Emerald,first trip eastern Caribbean,second trip southern Caribbean. We had to get of the ship after the first 10 days and used that time to visit Ft. Lauderdale. Returned to the Emerald in the afternoon and reborded right back to our original cabin for the second 10 days.Since we are Elite our bar was stocked again with a complete bar setup.Princess gave us credit for 2 cruises even so we did not change ships,maybe it had something to do with going to 2 different locations in the Caribbean.

several years ago we did a b2b on the Emerald,first trip eastern Caribbean,second trip southern Caribbean. We had to get of the ship after the first 10 days and used that time to visit Ft. Lauderdale. Returned to the Emerald in the afternoon and reborded right back to our original cabin for the second 10 days.Since we are Elite our bar was stocked again with a complete bar setup.Princess gave us credit for 2 cruises even so we did not change ships,maybe it had something to do with going to 2 different locations in the Caribbean.

The credit thing is how it is booked. If it's booked as two 10 day cruises with each one having a different booking number you will get credit for two cruises. We did 2 b2b cruises on the Crown, but booked it as one 14 day cruise with one booking number, then went over to the Grand and did the same, booking two 7 day cruises as a14 day cruise. We got credit for two cruises, where as we could have booked it as four 7 day cruises and gotten credit for four cruises. It was slightly cheaper to book as two 14 day cruises, and we got more obc, and we are already elite so the number of cruise credits didn't matter. As a side note I have seen it discussed here on cc where people who have booked two 7 day b2b as a 14 day cruise have contacted Princess after their cruise and convinced them to give them credit for two cruises. Regardless of how it is booked you will likely have to drag your sorry butt through imagination when returning to the home port. It's an imagination thing.

Beachbum

Archived