You know your children are cruisers when...

Mom2B&Z

I was thinking about this as my DS2 (4 yrs) was in the bathtub last night with his arms out, saying he put out the stabilizers because the seas were rough and he wants a smooth ride :)

Any other stories of cruising kids? I'm sure we can come up with a good list!

Well, travel related: as we walked up to security the last time we flew, my 2YO (27MO at the time) DD said "Daddy. Shoes. Off." and pointed to the stack of bins.

They really don't fly that much, so she must just be really smart. :D

After our last cruise my 5 YO and 3 YO grandkids kept asking to go to the buffet. We thought they meant like pizza or something. Nope, took a while but we finally figured out that they meant the Horizon Court on the "Princess" Ruby.... not the Ruby Princess LOL. In elevators my GS likes to say "Baja", "Caribe" when it dings.

When we went to Florida this winter, our DS, 5, said, "Are we going on a cruise ship?" This time, it was a land-based vacation. Our DS wanted to cruise, though, and he wanted his friends from home to come with him. I told him that would be expensive, and he was willing to empty his piggy bank to make it happen!

During the beginning of the school year, the kids usually have to write or say something about themselves. For the past few years my DD (9 yrs) has never failed to say she loves to cruise in her Top 3. DS(6 yrs) drew a ship this year on things he loves to do :) Thanks for the fun thread!

You know your kids are cruisers...when you've had to train them how to respond to adults on the ship that ask "Is this your first cruise?" The kids are in lined to say "No way, we've been on 26!" but instead have perfected the art of making eye contact w/me, smiling, and saying "Oh, we've been before."It's so funny to watch.

We took our DS who was 5 on a Canada / New England cruise & left him eat lobster 3 times in one week. He fell in love with lobster:eek::D Now all he asks for is lobster when we're going for dinner!!

Well, my 6 year old sings the "cruise like a Norwegian" commerical ALL.THE.TIME!!!

And sometimes, she'll just walk in the room and say "cruise......" and is waiting for me to finish the song.

She talks all the time about our cruise. Last night at swim lessons she started saying "well, for our next cruise I'll be a great swimmer" (she doesn't even KNOW we're cruising on Epic again - we didn't tell her yet for fear on non-stop chatter about it!!!)

We are making paper boats and cruising round the world on a big map spread on the floor. How to make a paper boat:

He he he, we spent about an hour at the pool yesterday with boats in each hand, sailing from port to port, and taking our turns being first to tender ;)

These stories all make me smile :)

Archived