For those that have been able to price match to a guarantee?

cruzinlisa

In what circumstances has it been allowed? I am booked in the lowest balcony- 6A, which is sold out. The More the Merrier rate (for which I qualify), is now showing a BL for $100 less than I paid, no 6As available, 6B for $50 less than I paid and 6C for $20 less. I would be willing to give up my cabin if they would let me match to the BL rate, as I am already in a 6A on deck 6 and my cabin is not spectacular or anything. But I am not sure if they will let me. I put in the comments that alternatively I would like an upgrade to 6B or 6C, which I would assume they probably could do, but if so, do I get OBC for the additional price difference?

Has anyone been in a similar situation and what has been the result? Thanks.

I was successful at doing this on our recent Spirit cruise.

I had a category 7A, obstructed balcony. I had "hand picked" the cabin 5236 a year before because it was the extra long "bowling alley" balcony.

A week or two before sailing, the pack-n-go balcony guaranty rate was less than our rate. I put in the ES Form. I got an email that I was approved, my cabin would be put back into inventory and they would assign me a new cabin. Accck!! I didn't want a different cabin. I wanted my obstructed bowling alley. I was afraid Carnival would give me a balcony in a really crappy location.

I called 1-800 Carnival (I had originally booked through my PVP but it was Saturday and I couldn't reach her). Carnival was super nice, I had called "just in time" as they had not yet released my special cabin and I got to keep my cabin and get the big price drop.

That's my story, much more info than you asked for lol. A lot of people have NOT been successful at price matching that guaranty. My rationale (which I put on the ES form) was that I had the lowest level of balcony already so I should get the price match.

BTW, you have a 6A? I thought that was an Ocean view. Which ship?

~Denise

Archived