Fairfx.com ?

shareen3

Has anyone used this company before? I never have, so please give me some feedback on if they are good to use.

I will be taking my first RCI cruise from Barcelona and heading to France & Italy & I was worried about exchanging USD for Euros. I would assume I would get a better rate exchanging before I even left.

When DW and I went to Europe a few years ago,I carried very little dollars.I used my bank ATM card to get whatever Euros I needed. My bank did not charge an exchange fee. I would check with your bank to see if they do the sane. Also if I needed to charge things I used my Capital one card again no exchange fee.

We have FairFx cards both for the Euro and US dollars. Never had any problems and you can top them up from a smartphone or computer if you are running out!:) We have just loaded our dollar card up ready for lots of shopping while on our Navigator cruise in 2 weeks!:D

I have not heard of that company, but as noted by a prior respondent, we too carry very little Dollars to Europe. We get Euro via ATM upon arrival either at an airport or our first port-of-call.

It is much easier, and I believe safer, to just get Euro via the ATM when necessary in Europe. You will want to check with your bank, but the fees for using the ATM are often far better than any exchange rate you will get. If you, by chance, are a military credit union member (such as Navy, Marine) I would all but guarantee you this is the case. You also don't end up carrying a bunch of Euro that you can loose and/or get stuck with having to exchange back to USD (meaning paying another exchange fee).

Jay

Pretty much the same as previous reports really. My only problem arose was when the pre cruise hotel put a hold on the card so I couldn't use that amount for the duration of my time in the US. In fact it took a few emails to get it lifted after I got back home. But the card itself worked fine despite the fact that I had to top it up using the ship wi fi..... ho hum....

Archived