What is this whole price drop thing about??

Bottom line, make sure you are happy with the price you pay when you initially book. If a price drop happens along after the fact, consider yourself lukcy and enjoy!

Great advice! :)

Another few things I might add would be in order to check for price drops just go to the RC website and do a false or "dummy" booking and it will give you the price per person in each category.

Also, if you book through a Travel Agent, you have to go throug them to get the price drop. If you book directly through RCI, you can call them up 24 hours a day and get the price drop immediately, as long as it doesnt say "for new bookings only"

After final payment is due no price drops are granted but say you paid 699.00 per person for an inside cabin and now a Oceanview or even Balcony is that price or just a little more, you can call and request to be upgraded.

Thanks for the replies...and you would be correct, I was reading all of these threads and not understanding what it meant! Only other question I would have is being I booked onboard and got the reduced deposit and obc, does that qualify as a 'special promotion?' I doubt I would ever get that lucky but hey, one just never knows!

Thanks for all the helpful responses! I know there are lots of threads but would prefer to NOT read thru a 1000 of them! haha

No, booking onboard (reduced deposit and OBC) is not considered a special offer. You'd still be able to call for a price adjustment if the price goes down before final payment, or for an upgrade if a higher category is now being offered for the price you paid for the lower category.

No, booking onboard (reduced deposit and OBC) is not considered a special offer. You'd still be able to call for a price adjustment if the price goes down before final payment, or for an upgrade if a higher category is now being offered for the price you paid for the lower category.

Thanks Donna!

We have an aft balcony booked so wouldn't really be looking for an updgrage....at least I say that now!! haha

When we booked out cruise for end of May they were running a special with obc for past cruiser so since then I continued to look at price drops by logging on as somebody else said doing a mock reservation. We received 1 price drop then I noticed that the jr suites on my cruise were cheaper than our bal cabin so called and got our cabin switched and still have out obc. Evidently they were just having a sale on them for that weekend only because come Monday they went right back up so just keep checking for the price drops often and always call to get the lower rate...worse thing that could happen is they no it wont work.

Just make sure that if you have transfered or credited your booking to a Travel Agent that they don't have a cancellation policy for making pricing changes (there are some out there, but few enough that you do not to have to put up with that!;))

Just make sure that if you have transfered or credited your booking to a Travel Agent that they don't have a cancellation policy for making pricing changes (there are some out there, but few enough that you do not to have to put up with that!;))

No travel agents for me!!!!

The idea of searching is wonderful. The reality isn't. If you don't want to help, don't respond!

AGREED....I don't understand why people have to be that way....just dont answer like you said. There are tons of duplicate questions but you might get a new perspective or they just didnt find a clear answer.

I hope you get a price drop. I booked my cruise June of last year to sail this May and the price is now actually double what I paid for a balcony oceanview cabin! However if your a Florida Resident it's only $1,000 more!LOL! So, it depends on the sailing and the time of year as to if they will offer a price drop. I'd say you got a good chance of getting one though if you sail in September or Jan. and haven't reached the final payment date yet, otherwise it's a gamble.

I tell ya what drives me crazy ;) When someone asks a specific question about a specific ship (ie: Radiance) and they are pointed to a thread that has been going for 5 years and is THOUSANDS of posts long :o

Yeah, good luck with that lol. Most people dont have days they can devote to digging through a thread to find an answer to a simple question.

I dont mind stuff being asked over and over here. It keeps my memory fresh and there are always those willing to jump in and help out a newbie. Not everyone knows the inner workings of a message forum and search feature.

You have to be very disciplined about it, but if you really want a price drop, check daily and don't get discouraged! I have been on 3 cruises. I have to book out a year or so ahead of time because i'm a single mom and the only source of income so it takes me that long to pay the darn thing off! On all my cruises, I have checked back daily with the RC website. I don't log onto it, but just go to the specific cruise i have booked and "dummy" book it. All 3 times I have been lucky enough to get a price drop. Usually through a resident special. My last cruise I was lucky enough to upgrade from my ocean view to a balcony and still saved money! My only problem now, is I loved that balcony and doubt I will ever go back to the oceanview :D Good luck and I hope you get a price drop!

I don't log onto it, but just go to the specific cruise i have booked and "dummy" book it.

Now, when you say "dummy book it". You don't log in, correct?

The reason I ask is that RCI's website always says "welcome Jeffrey" up at the top when I visit. I still have to log in by entering my username and password every time to access my reservations. But, obviously, the website recognizes me at every visit.

So, I'm just looking to clarify what you mean by a "dummy book". And, if needed, how do I get their website to forget who I am when ever I visit?

Now, when you say "dummy book it". You don't log in, correct?

The reason I ask is that RCI's website always says "welcome Jeffrey" up at the top when I visit. I still have to log in by entering my username and password every time to access my reservations. But, obviously, the website recognizes me at every visit.

So, I'm just looking to clarify what you mean by a "dummy book". And, if needed, how do I get their website to forget who I am when ever I visit?

Don't worry about the website identifying you by name, it has no effect on the dummy booking & it doesn't have any adverse impact on you. That seems to be the only part of the website that is consistently correct!

Don't worry about the website identifying you by name, it has no effect on the dummy booking & it doesn't have any adverse impact on you. That seems to be the only part of the website that is consistently correct!

Thanks.

Much appreciated. We're booked on Liberty January 2013. Am I too far out to even expect to see a drop yet? I'll gladly check every day. But, I'm just wondering when I might expect to see a drop, if ever.

I believe our final payment deadline is late November. Normally, we wouldn't want to drag our feet paying the grand total off. However, seeing the number of people who have been caught AFTER they make their final payment, I think we're going to hold off a small chunk of our payment until then just to be safe I suppose.

You have to be very disciplined about it, but if you really want a price drop, check daily and don't get discouraged! I have been on 3 cruises. I have to book out a year or so ahead of time because i'm a single mom and the only source of income so it takes me that long to pay the darn thing off! On all my cruises, I have checked back daily with the RC website. I don't log onto it, but just go to the specific cruise i have booked and "dummy" book it. All 3 times I have been lucky enough to get a price drop. Usually through a resident special. My last cruise I was lucky enough to upgrade from my ocean view to a balcony and still saved money! My only problem now, is I loved that balcony and doubt I will ever go back to the oceanview :D Good luck and I hope you get a price drop!

I understand about the balcony!!! My first cruise ever was an inside room...then I had a balcony...oh boy...then we did an oceanview just bc we were scared of the kids somehow playing jungle gym outside and I MISSED the darn thing!!! Never again...I am a balcony snob now!! hehe

We have had a guarantee against price drops here(in Spain) but how RCI have got round it that price drops are on GTY cabins and therefore we dont dont qualify as our grade is still listed at more than we paid.Like a previous blogger we

have an aft cabin and I dont want to change'

Archived