Lost and Found

Lady Reeler

Has any one who left something on board ever got it sent back to them if they contact Princess Lost and Found?

Although it wasn't Princess - it was RCL - we found a large gold ring inside the safe. (under the ledge) At first I took it to the purser's desk and asked if anyone from the previous cruise had reported a missing ring. Of course, the answer was no. So, I decided they would never try to find the owner so we brought the ring home. I posted on the Cruise Critic board, asking if anyone had lost a ring on the previous cruise. Some one suggested I call the Crown and Anchor Society (RCL's version of the Captain's Circle) and they were great! They actually checked the passenger list for the previous week and located the husband and wife who were in our cabin. They called them and YES the husband had lost his wedding ring. (He was able to identify by the inscription inside.) I mailed the ring off and got a quick thank you from his wife.

So, perhaps someone will help you if you lost something - but I wouldn't count on it. :D

It probably depends on what the item is that you lost, as cruiselines generally donate clothing that is left behind. My situation was on a HAL cruise when I lost my prescription glasses. I had switched to my prescrip sunglasses and fortunately also had contacts with me. The ship checked with the excursion company without any luck, and the glasses were never located on board. FIVE MONTHS later I received a call from Holland America telling me they had my glasses (I had placed my business card in the case), and they mailed them right to me. Who knows where they were for five months, but it was great to eventually get them back!

turquoisesea, that was very kind of you to make the effort, and how wonderful to reunite the wedding ring you found with the owner! ;)

Although it wasn't Princess - it was RCL - we found a large gold ring inside the safe. (under the ledge) At first I took it to the purser's desk and asked if anyone from the previous cruise had reported a missing ring. Of course, the answer was no. So, I decided they would never try to find the owner so we brought the ring home. I posted on the Cruise Critic board, asking if anyone had lost a ring on the previous cruise. Some one suggested I call the Crown and Anchor Society (RCL's version of the Captain's Circle) and they were great! They actually checked the passenger list for the previous week and located the husband and wife who were in our cabin. They called them and YES the husband had lost his wedding ring. (He was able to identify by the inscription inside.) I mailed the ring off and got a quick thank you from his wife.

So, perhaps someone will help you if you lost something - but I wouldn't count on it. :D

that was so wonderful of you. I know they appericated. it

Archived