Excursion help for a family

rockinmlb

I am so torn on which excursion to take. We've been to Cozumel before and went to Nachi .. but this time we are taking our kiddos (8 & 6) and I want them to experience the beach and let them play all day. I would love to have drinks and hubby wouldnt mind the alcohol either way.

only downside to a beach with all teh water toys is that Im not sure if my kids would play on them. If they want us to go out there, will the place allow us to be in the water with them and not pay for the wristband as long as we arent on the toys or will they require us to purchase the wristband and be with the kids at the same time? (that make sense?)

and, where is the best place to book? Carnival is too high

I am so torn on which excursion to take. We've been to Cozumel before and went to Nachi .. but this time we are taking our kiddos (8 & 6) and I want them to experience the beach and let them play all day. I would love to have drinks and hubby wouldnt mind the alcohol either way.

only downside to a beach with all teh water toys is that Im not sure if my kids would play on them. If they want us to go out there, will the place allow us to be in the water with them and not pay for the wristband as long as we arent on the toys or will they require us to purchase the wristband and be with the kids at the same time? (that make sense?)

and, where is the best place to book? Carnival is too high

My family did Paradise Beach for our stop in Cozumel in November 2010. We didn't prebook, just walked in & paid. My kids enjoyed the toys but they were older. For a family of 5, it was alot cheaper then the All Inclusives. The food & drinks were good and I didn't feel to expensive. We were able to go into the water without purchasing the wrist bands but we really didn't get to close to the toys so I'm not sure about making you pay. They have a website, maybe you can drop them an email to check. Since I've been there they added a really great pool. Maybe you can hang at the pool with the kids instead, it looks beautiful.

Good luck

Unless your kids are big for their ages I think at least one of you would need to be on the toys with a wristband for them to safely enjoy then - at PB that's $12 each.

It was not their the last time we visited Nachi, but recent reports on these boards indicated that Nachi now has a small water toy thing - you might look into that. Between food and drinks I think Nachi is a bargain compared to PB and some of the other pay-as-you-go beach clubs, but it depends upon how many drinks you will enjoy.

Don't forget about all the free non-alcoholic "smoothies" mom will allow the kids to enjoy at Nachi. ;)

Good luck! :)

Unless your kids are big for their ages I think at least one of you would need to be on the toys with a wristband for them to safely enjoy then - at PB that's $12 each.

It was not their the last time we visited Nachi, but recent reports on these boards indicated that Nachi now has a small water toy thing - you might look into that. Between food and drinks I think Nachi is a bargain compared to PB and some of the other pay-as-you-go beach clubs, but it depends upon how many drinks you will enjoy.

Don't forget about all the free non-alcoholic "smoothies" mom will allow the kids to enjoy at Nachi. ;)

Good luck! :)

We were at Nachi in January. They did bring out a "toy" for the kids. They had life jackets for them and I would say the kids looked to be 8-12 years old. (There were 3 of them). Looked like they were having a great time on it. I know it was extra to play on it, but, I can't tell you how much. I'm sure Nachi could tell you. They had it positioned maybe 6-10 feet away from the shore - maybe. I think the parents were lounging on the beach close to them but I know there were no adults at the toy itself. Just the kids.

I think we have decided on Mr Sanchos or whatever it was. The other place has their toys positioned too far out and although we arent just kickin our kids out and not paying attention to them, I also dont want them attached to my hip either. I know Ill still be looking until the day we leave lol ... I always second guess myself

I think we have decided on Mr Sanchos or whatever it was. The other place has their toys positioned too far out and although we arent just kickin our kids out and not paying attention to them, I also dont want them attached to my hip either. I know Ill still be looking until the day we leave lol ... I always second guess myself

We are travelling with our 6 and 8 year old to Cozumel in August and were wondering the same thing! We were in Nachi las year (with the older kids, not the young ones) and wanted to try something different this time.

We are leaning towards Mr Sancho's too! LMK how it goes!! (if you sail before us, of course :)

We are travelling with our 6 and 8 year old to Cozumel in August and were wondering the same thing! We were in Nachi las year (with the older kids, not the young ones) and wanted to try something different this time.

We are leaning towards Mr Sancho's too! LMK how it goes!! (if you sail before us, of course :)

you sail before us :D so maybe you can LMK lol ... Hope yall have a blast .. I cant wait til we get there

• 2 weeks later...

Archived