Prepaid gratuities

scumbers

hi

we have prepaid our gratuities when we booked. What happens once you are onboard as when we have sailed with RCL we used to have vouchers delivered to our room at end of cruise to give to people.

do we get anything or is it just automatically done?

i take it that the amount wont show up on our onboard account as a credit if daily amounts get added?

not sure how it works

thanks

hi

we have prepaid our gratuities when we booked. What happens once you are onboard as when we have sailed with RCL we used to have vouchers delivered to our room at end of cruise to give to people.

i take it that the amount wont show up on our onboard account as a credit if daily amounts get added?

not sure how it works

thanks

Gratuities will just automatically be paid...no vouchers needed.

hi

not sure how it works

thanks

Hi,

In theory, as you have pre-paid your gratuities, there is no need to pay anything extra. Nothing will show on your on board account and the waiting & cabin staff will be aware that you have pre-paid.

Service charges are included in the cost of drinks and for speciallity restaurants.

In any event, it is up to you whether you wish to tip extra or not.

Jim

With prepaid gratuities you get also the select dining option. In this case you can arrive for dinner at your wish time and either request to be seated alone or to share.

I don't think you automatically get select dining if you prepay tips. The reverse is true, if you have select dining you must prepay tips, but unless you have chosen the select dining option you will have an assigned dining time.

Sheila

I'm in traditional dining and haven't pre-paid my gratuities, but I'd like to. Can I go to Guest Relations once I'm on the ship and ask that it be added to my onboard account? Can this amount be used against my onboard credit?

I'm in traditional dining and haven't pre-paid my gratuities, but I'd like to. Can I go to Guest Relations once I'm on the ship and ask that it be added to my onboard account? Can this amount be used against my onboard credit?

If you haven't prepaid they will add the tips to your account daily. These can be paid with MOST OBCs. On occasion you'll see a notice from a TA that OBC can't be used for tips but that's incredibly rare.

Enjoy your cruise!

TO CROOZER,

If you are in traditional dining, then the Daily Grats will be automatically added to your Onboard Account Daily... and YES you can pay off your end of cruise balance with any OBC that you happen to have.

In this case you don't have to "do" anything... it will just happen automatically.

IF you want to PRE-PAY your Grats BEFORE you actually cruise, there is a way to do that as well (or so I've read here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD)

Hopefully, someone else who has done that will come by and explain that process.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

IF you want to PRE-PAY your Grats BEFORE you actually cruise, there is a way to do that as well (or so I've read here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD)

Hopefully, someone else who has done that will come by and explain that process.

When you do your initial booking, there is a box to check if you want to pre-pay the gratuities. It is then added to the final payment amount so a person won't see the cost added to their final bill at checkout - they will see it in their cruise booking statement instead. I'm sure there is a method to add this to you booking later, but I have never needed to so don't know how.

Archived