majesty cat.CC information?

jpatrick

I don't think anyone has ever stayed in a CC on the Majesty. I have asked this before and no one ever responded. We have booked a CC (room 838). Hopefully someone will respond this time. I would like to know if they have fridges in the rooms. I have gotten conflicting reports from NCL (what a surprise!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NCL Majesty

Guest nhrich

We were in a CC on deck 7 on the Majesty last September. I think the cabins are around 145 sq ft...a bit small, but not as bad as some of the cabins on that ship. We had a refrigerator, and I think that all of the "superior" staterooms have them.

Looking at the deck plan, cabin 962 is right next to the kids pool area. Depending on when you're going, jpatrick, it might or might not be noisy there, but it should not be noisy late at night.

Hope this helps.

Rich

12/94 Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam - W. Carib

01/96 Norwegian Dreamward - Carib

01/97 Carnival Inspiration - E. Carib

09/98 Celebrity Mercury - Alaska

02/99 Carnival Fascination - S. Carib

09/00 Celebrity Galaxy - Alaska

11/02 Norwegian Sun - W. Carib

03/03 Norwegian Dawn - W. Carib

09/03 Norwegian Majesty - Bermuda

11/03 Carnival Spirit - Panama Canal

05/04 Voyager of the Seas - Canada

Coming Up Next:

10/04 Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

For jpatrick...

"Ditto" the statement about square footage and being near the Kid's Korner of the ship.

Your cabin #962 is located at the "aft" section of the ship and may experience some vibration from the "screws" below and a bit more "motion" from the ocean swells than a cabin more midship.

We walked the deck area by your cabin and the Children's Splash Pool area. You will get an ocean view out your window, but it should be noted that your window (like all the ones on Promenade Deck 7) are placed LOW on the wall and would permit people on the outside deck to "see" into your cabin. The windows are tinted with a mirror-like finish, so this isn't too bad a problem by day. By night, with the interior cabin lights on, this is a different story and you'll want to keep your curtains drawn when you are changing clothes, etc. We found this area on Deck 9 wasn't a "well traveled" area (unlike Promenade Deck), so in my way of thinking...your cabin selection is better than a CC cabin on Promenade Deck 7.

My in-laws had a handicapped CC cabin on Deck 7. The beds were twins arranged in an "L" configuration with a square table at the "foot" of each bed in the corner. Their bathroom was huge...due to the handicapped/wheelchair needs. We were in an F Category cabin, so their CC cabin seemed enormous to us. I would imagine that your bathroom will be quite smaller, but that will give you more space in your cabin, as square footage of the cabins includes the cabin, bath, and closet areas. If we sail on the Majesty again, I will definitely have to get a Superior Oceanview Cabin over the regular Oceanview cabins...just to get the extra square feet in cabin space!

I don't recall seeing a refridgerator in my in-law's CC cabin.

Debjo icon_biggrin.gif

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

PACIFIC PRINCESS-Bermuda 2002

REGAL EMPRESS-New England/Canada 2001

JPatrick...I'll confess! I've stayed in a category CC on deck 9 three times. I believe 145 sq ft is the correct size. There is plenty of storage space even for the 4 of us that usually stay in the room. All superior rooms that I've been in do have refrigerators. I have not noticed any noise from the Sun deck, except once I could just barely hear the 50's music one night and we were staying right under the bandstand at that time. It is my favorite deck of the three that I've been on. Any other questions, let me know....

We stayed in 804 and the room was not as large as the same category as the Wind but was large enough for the 2 of us. We had 8 drawers of dresser space not counting the two which is under the one in the closet which holds the safe, the two smaller areas in the vanity, or area with the television/refrigerator. Our cabin could sleep 4-5.

<LI>Tropicale ~ 5/93 <LI> Norwegian Wind ~ Hawaii ~ 4/4/03 <LI>Norwegian Majesty ~ Bermuda~ 5/30/04 <LI>countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;05;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on the Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda!

lmkbubblfsh.gif

Hi Linda the Book Lover!

Just read that you stayed in Stateroom 804. I just upgraded my inlaws room from a standard G Obstructed View room to superior CC 804 !

There weren't too many cabins left when I called, but the customer service rep said she saw no obstructions in this room listed on her computer. Since my inlaws never had an outside room before, they booked one of the lowest and smallest outside and obstructed.

I hopefully changed their room to a better one. Looking at a picture of the Majesty, it seems like when you look out the window to the right is the Bridge and to the left is a stairway? Anything else you can tell be about this room? Good or bad.....Tell all!

As long as they can see the ocean, it will be good!

Thanks for any info you have on this room! Appreciate it!

UNTIL the MAJESTY to BERMUDA !

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Your location is correct. The cabin has wonderful views of our favorite thing watching the sun rise. They will also watch coming into Bermuda without having to leave their cabin! Armado was our steward and he was fantastic. I would run up to the cabin just to see what pet he left in the room. icon_smile.gif The 2 twin beds were pushed together but we had two sheets instead of one of top. We didn’t really care and worked around the sheet issue. The cabin had two closets next to each other with a lot of space and plenty of hangers. There was a dresser with a safe in the larger of the 2 closets. The night table/dressers were pushed to the side of the beds and had 4 drawers each. The cabin was very roomy. The bathroom did not have any shelves so a shoe holder over the door would take care of that or just make do with the space allotted. We put our personal shampoo and conditioner in the shower and the DH was able to put the shave junk on the sink. It does have an exhaust fan that runs constantly but it is not a noise factor unless you are in the bathroom. The DH did not like the closing of the observatory each night as it is above the cabin because of the last song loud bass and some scraping but it was so short it also was no big deal. It was very quiet and we never knew we had neighbors except one time we actually saw them when we returned to the cabin at the same time and both neighbors traveled with kids! There is a fridge to stash their bottle of wine when they pretend to be tired and get away from you pesky adult children. icon_biggrin.gif Not that we have ever did that trick! (LOL) IF you have any other questions I will gladly answer them for you.

<LI>Tropicale ~ 5/93 <LI> Norwegian Wind ~ Hawaii ~ 4/4/03 <LI>Norwegian Majesty ~ Bermuda~ 5/30/04 <LI>countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;05;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on the Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda!

lmkbubblfsh.gif

Hi Linda the Book Lover,

Thanks for describing the room to me. Sounds like it will be great for them. Since they never had an outside room before, I just wanted to make sure it was going to be okay. And the fridge will be great too, since we did order them a bottle of wine for their cabin ! :-)

Thanks again!

UNTIL the MAJESTY to BERMUDA !

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived