Post cruise NY...where to store our luggage for a day in NYC?

travelcommons

Our plane doesn't leave until late Saturday evening, so we are in NYC for the day after the cruise arrives. Any suggestions where we might be able to store all of our luggage for 10 hours in the city? Do you think a hotel would hold it with a nice tip to the baggage personnel? Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. When you disembark, do you take your luggage with you? Or is it waiting for you somewhere (kind of like air travel). Is just leaving it at the "baggage claim" at the cruise terminal not an option? Or does such a thing not exist? Of course we don't want the bags growing legs and walking off without us throughout the day.

I was wondering the same thing. When you disembark, do you take your luggage with you? Or is it waiting for you somewhere (kind of like air travel). Is just leaving it at the "baggage claim" at the cruise terminal not an option? Or does such a thing not exist? Of course we don't want the bags growing legs and walking off without us throughout the day.

You can't leave your bags at the pier. There are no storage facilities.

These days most cruise lines offer two options. In the first you can carry your own bags off the ship. Those passengers normally get to disembark first. The second option is to leave your bags in the hallway outside your cabin on the last night of your cruise. The cruise line will then collect the bags and they will be placed in the baggage claim area at the pier, where you'll pick them up after you disembark the ship.

If your ship offers it you may want to try Luggage Express. The ship will coordinate with your airline and when you put your bags out the last night of the cruise they are taken off the ship and right to the airport and you don't see them again until you arrive at home. I did this on a Carnival cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale in January. It was a $20 service fee, but best 20 bucks I ever spent!

Archived