Please help booked cabin 8226 silhouette do i have a big balcony?????

golfusaofcs

Please Help. I booked this cabin in hopes of a bigger balcony. Celebrity does'nt seem to give any information on this. Has anyone been in this cabin or similar such as 9266,9209,8253,7260,7215. Please help pictures would help

Yup, you got the big balcony. Congrats.

The other ones you mentioned also have the big balcony. The only difference between all the staterooms you mentioned is those on the Starboard side of the ship (even numbers) have the bed by the bath. Those on the Port side of the ship (odd numbers) have the bed by the balcony. They are all the "big boy" balconies. :D

The only difference between all the staterooms you mentioned is those on the Starboard side of the ship (even numbers) have the bed by the bath. Those on the Port side of the ship (odd numbers) have the bed by the balcony.

I do not think that is true. I think that the location of the bed is based on if there is a sleeper couch or not - and alternating back and forth. If there is the square or rectangle in the room (which indicates it is a couch bed) then the main bed is by the bathroom. It alternates back and forth. So each side (Port and Starboard) have both beds by the bath and by the balcony.

Room 8226 has the square so it has the bed by the bath, and has the largest balcony. Not only a large one, but the largest.

I think cabin 8230 has the biggest balcony in your setion of deck 8.

The bed near to bath/balcony arrangements alternate on either side of the ship.

You are correct. 8230 and 8226 have the biggest balcony. The OP was only asking about 8226. The 1st and 3rd balcony on the angle off the hump are the two largest. See this thumbnail.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

I do not think that is true. I think that the location of the bed is based on if there is a sleeper couch or not - and alternating back and forth. If there is the square or rectangle in the room (which indicates it is a couch bed) then the main bed is by the bathroom. It alternates back and forth. So each side (Port and Starboard) have both beds by the bath and by the balcony.

Room 8226 has the square so it has the bed by the bath, and has the largest balcony. Not only a large one, but the largest.

If you reread my post, you will see that I am correct. I said that 8226 (even number) has the bed by the bath. The corresponding stateroom on the Port side, 8253, (odd number) has the bed by the balcony.

This is what I said:

The other ones you mentioned also have the big balcony. The only difference between all the staterooms you mentioned is those on the Starboard side of the ship (even numbers) have the bed by the bath. Those on the Port side of the ship (odd numbers) have the bed by the balcony.

I don't want to be pedantic, but 8226 has the bed by the bath, 8228 by the balcony, 8230 by the bath etc etc.

The other side of the ship has a similar arrangement

You are correct, but I wasn't talking about 8228. That stateroom never came into the conversation. We were only talking about the biggest balcony staterooms.

I understand that they also alternate just the same on the other side of the ship (Port side). The only difference is on the starboard side, the first stateroom off the hump on the angle (8230) has the bed by the bath and they alternate from there. On the Port side, the first stateroom off off the hump on the angle (8257) has the bed by the balcony and they alternate from there.

Hi Folks - I don't care much where the bed is as long as there is one but does anyone have some info on Cabin 8253 as we are due to go on the Silhouette in June provided I get the OK following my hip operation. Thanks

Hi Folks - I don't care much where the bed is as long as there is one but does anyone have some info on Cabin 8253 as we are due to go on the Silhouette in June provided I get the OK following my hip operation. Thanks

Your stateroom is on the angle with the largest balcony on the ship for regular staterooms. I know you don't care about bed position, but this stateroom has the bed by the balcony. Also, it is near the elevators, so you won't have a long stroll to get to them.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your info on this cabin. Got the ok to go on holiday from my Consultant so now looking forward to our trip. Any other info you have on this cabin would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Thanks for your info on this cabin. Got the ok to go on holiday from my Consultant so now looking forward to our trip. Any other info you have on this cabin would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Sorry meant Cabin 8253.

Archived