Era Helicopter Tours, Juneau--Familiar with Them?

redfish1955

I haven't used them, but I did a TON of research and the overwhelming majority seems to think that ERA is the best.

We opted against the tour.. there is just no economical choice for helicoptering in Alaska, for sure, and we have 5 people. But, if we did, I probably would have either gone with Era, or Northstar Trekking (since they pair helicopters with glacier hikes.)

Maybe you already know this, but ERA has a 2 for 1 coupon in the toursaver for the Juneau helicopter ride. Monday is the blackout day.

It doesn't cover the dog sled one though if you are wanting to do that one.

I haven't used them, but I did a TON of research and the overwhelming majority seems to think that ERA is the best.

We opted against the tour.. there is just no economical choice for helicoptering in Alaska, for sure, and we have 5 people. But, if we did, I probably would have either gone with Era, or Northstar Trekking (since they pair helicopters with glacier hikes.)

I have flown with three companies out of Juneau and disagree with the claim that the "majority (who??) seems to think ERA is the best" Again having actually flown glacier helicopter landings 7 times. Any of the companies do an excellent job.

Thanks for the coupon tip! Where do you get the Toursaver?:D

Coupon acceptance is very limited, I believe it is 2 per day. I'm using coupons split over two days for my plans this year. So you may want to verify what is still available before you purchase, and if you can book, do so.

Archived