Fishing in Skagway

awwusa

Are there any good fishing charters out of Skagway? Husband and boys went out of Ketchikan two years ago and had a great trip thru Northern Lights, but we are in Skagway for a full day and wondering if the fishing is any good there. I'll be taking my mom on the train tour but teenage boys and husband really want to get a fishing charter in. Ketchikan port is our shortest stop this trip and they thought they would do Orca Cove kayaking while there. Any ideas about fishing and the ports...truthfully, my 18yr old would spend every waking minute fishing on this vacation if we let him!

I don't do any saltwater fishing, but the guys I know who have boats at Skagway go many hours away to the good fishing. Although there are some charters out of Skagway, I've never seen even a single report of good results from one. Ketchikan and Juneau offer far better opportunities.

Murray

True, Ketchikan is world class fishing. In Skagway I think you would have a great time with Captain Monte of "Fishfull Thinkn", I did. I fished with him 2 years ago and caught a nice 30+ pound King Salmon in mid August. (other fish were caught by others in our boat) Book either direct with Captain Monte. Good luck and try to leave a few for others.

Archived