Nassau...... Shopping

sail7seas

There used to be some designer shops......

Gucci, Fendi and some nice ladies' boutiques. I think there was a store Solomon's Mines? I seem to remember it used to be fairly nice?

I wouldn't necessarily make any large purchases but we enjoy browsing nice shops. If they are gone, we probably won't get off the ship.

Great. Thank you.

Do they still direct all foot traffic to have to go through their terminal with all those stalls/tables in order to exit to the street? I didn't like they wouldn't let us just walk straight down the passageway to the street by blocking that route.

I'm taxing my memory but hopefully I'm remembering right. They usher you down the dock and you do have to walk through a small building with an info desk and sign ups for excursions. The shops are off to the right but we were able to walk outside through a door. Going back, I think you're ushered through the shops.

Great. Thank you.

Do they still direct all foot traffic to have to go through their terminal with all those stalls/tables in order to exit to the street? I didn't like they wouldn't let us just walk straight down the passageway to the street by blocking that route.

Just returned from Nassau, yes there are plenty of designer shops. Solomon's Mine is still there. Diamond International was great. I got a tanzanite piece there!! There are tons of shops on Bay Street. In fact that was all we did. Yes you do still have to go thru the little shops to get out to the street. Good luck on your trip!! Have fun.

Whatever you do avoid the madness called Straw Market. A bunch of overpriced fake designer JUNQUE! And it is hot and smelly and crowded. A den for pickpockets and pushy, annoying sales people. The prices are higher than the nice air conditioned shops, and the merchandise not as nice.

Archived