Help Please with Room Selection

Jilliebean28

My husband and I are thinking of booking on the Ruby Princess in one of the suites on the Riviera deck (R404) on an upcoming cruise. We have cruised before but never on Princess. I am concerned with this room being right under the pool deck and am wondering if anyone can give me any info about noise, etc. Also is the balcony a covered one? Thanks so much!!

My husband and I are thinking of booking on the Ruby Princess in one of the suites on the Riviera deck (R404) on an upcoming cruise. We have cruised before but never on Princess. I am concerned with this room being right under the pool deck and am wondering if anyone can give me any info about noise, etc. Also is the balcony a covered one? Thanks so much!!
We sailed on a sister ship, but under the buffet, and it was really nice and quiet.

There is an overhang from the deck above, so most ambient noise does not even reach your balcony on Riviera deck. Under the pool deck you might get the occasional chatter of a chair being dragged about the deck, but we've found on other ships that the room is offset such that high traffic areas are above the bathroom, not above where we are sleeping. Check out the deck plans (align the elevators ["lifts"]) and you may see the alignment.

I have not sailed on the Ruby, but I have read multiple complaints of noise from those staying under the Lido deck in the Riviera deck cabins. It depends on exactly what you are under, but the Lido deck is the noisiest deck on the ship. I stayed under the Lido deck on one sailing (the buffet area) and will never do it again. It was very noisy. I was awoken predawn daily due to the preparation of the breakfast service. I would avoid being under a public area if you can.

Have heard from people staying in the Rivera suites that they are noisy and the balcony is tiny (not very deep) for the deck furniture. The best suites in my opinion are the VS suites they are the quietest and most private. The PH and Owners suites have balconies above that people can see you on your balcony and the PH suites are also have the noisy vent on both aft decks.

For space you cannot beat the OS suites, not very private though.

Just my opinion after staying in all but the VS suites, but have visited friends in the VS and the only suite I would book if choosing the Ruby again.

Archived