Veendam to Bermuda - Which side of ship?

BlackJack2

We are looking at a NYC to Bermuda cruise on the Veendam. The ship is in port for three days - what side of the ship has better views while in port?

The side that faces away from the city is better. I believe that's usually the port (left) side. You have a view out across water instead of the city. If you're in an ocean view, the city view might be of the terminal building, not even the city. If you have a veranda, you can see the city, but also hear its noise at night.

It just depends on which view you like better, city or water. We prefer city which usually means starboard. Hamilton is a quaint British city, small by our standards, and we love watching the comings and goings of the Bermudians. We have the water view traveling to and from on the sea days. We've never been bothered at all by noise at night.

We were also on the starboard, Hamilton, side last summer in a verandah cabin. We didn't hear any noise at all from Front Street, and we enjoyed the people watching. I'm sure I would be saying something glowing about staying on the port side if that's where we had been. I'd stay on either side if I had a chance to go back!

The photos are gorgeous!

Archived