Cabo AI help please

Kokopelli2

We will be back in Cabo for a couple days in May on a cruise. We want to fly down to Cabo in October for a week, and we would like to stay in an all-inclusive resort, preferrably close to Cabo instead of out on the corridor (although we are open to both).

We would like to visit the AI while we are in Cabo on the cruise to check it out. Can anyone help us with recommendations so we can check some out? We are not interested in the timeshares, just going down to Cabo for a week to chill.

Thanks!

We will be back in Cabo for a couple days in May on a cruise. We want to fly down to Cabo in October for a week, and we would like to stay in an all-inclusive resort, preferrably close to Cabo instead of out on the corridor (although we are open to both).

We would like to visit the AI while we are in Cabo on the cruise to check it out. Can anyone help us with recommendations so we can check some out? We are not interested in the timeshares, just going down to Cabo for a week to chill.

Thanks!

Cabo is not known for its AI resorts. There are hardly any at all! The closest would be the 2 Rius. They are located about 2 miles from town. The rest are on the corridor or in the town of San Jose.

Almost all of the resorts right in Cabo are timeshare resorts and the new trend is that some of them are offering an AI add on. It is not the same as true AI as the choices are rather limited and the price is very expensive. We are in Cabo for 2 weeks at a time in both late October and late April. I would never suggest AI because the restaurants in Cabo are just so good and can be found at every price point.

I have heard people say that Cabo is expensive but most of those people never leave the marina area. The best restaurants are in town and an easy walk from both hotel areas- Medano Beach and Solmar Beach.

We prefer fresh food cooked to order and at most AI's the food is mass produced and not fresh and you almost never see seafood.

If you are open to not going AI there are lots of great resorts to choose from. You can usually get a super low rate by renting directly from an owner rather than through the resort itself. And then you don't have to pay the high 26% resort tax.

Thanks HH for your help (again). :)

I guess I will visit a travel agent to see what they can offer.

A travel agent will be of no help at all with renting a timeshare room. This is done between the renter and the owner. There are tons of rental sites out there. I have had good luck with redweek, vrbo and even craigslist.

Archived