Just booked the Dream!!!!!

GAMOM4

I just booked the Dream for May 19, 2012!!!!! It was hard deciding between the Legend and the Dream...this will be our first balcony cabin ever..(I sure hope we don't get hooked on a balcony since they cost more):)

Is there anywhere that is good for parking like VIP parking was in Jacksonville? December was the first time we haven't parked at the port and it was wonderful...we have never left out of Port Canaveral before so I know nothing about parking down there.

GAMOM4 - you are going to LOVE the Dream! My and my friend went this past August, it was a great time.

Some tips:

1) Some people complained about the longer lines, but we didn't have a problem. There were several buffets for breakfast so I never had to wait long. I heard the omelet line could be long, but I never bothered because I make those at home. As for lunch - hit the lunch lines right when it opens (esp the pasta place) for a good place in line.

2) Plan to hit the pools right around/after dinner times if possible - less crowded and more room to move.

3) If the Lido deck is crowded, there are plenty of places to hide out. Not sure if you are traveling with your kids (I'm assuming you're a Mom because of your user name). If you're not, the Serenity deck is AWESOME. If you are - the Lanai deck is often less crowded - not near the pool but plenty of chairs and room for the kids to run.

4) Check out the coffee bar and sushi place for alternative eats. :)

Have fun!!

Welllllllll if you're like us....it would be hard to go without a balcony now....we are rather fond of em....especially the cove balconies. As for parking....there are a couple options besides parking at the pier....here are the links:

http://parkcruise.com/

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

There's also a hotel....might be the Radisson....if you stay there the night before you park for free......never tried it though.

You will love the dream.my family and I were on the dream last october and had a blast.great ship we were never board.we are going back on the dream in September. Enjoy your cruise on the dream.

Which one of these parking places is the best? I was just looking at them the first one I couldn't get the rates to pull up. I had never really considered parking off site until December...but we saved so much money in Jacksonville!:)

I haven't been on the dream but know you won't want to go back to anything else once you have had a balcony. We book our cruise now based on can we afford the balcony.

I just booked the Dream for May 19, 2012!!!!! It was hard deciding between the Legend and the Dream...this will be our first balcony cabin ever..(I sure hope we don't get hooked on a balcony since they cost more):)

Oh Gamom, your hooked. You'll never cruise without a balcony again. And to save your pursestrings, DO NOT GET AN AFT WRAP!! Then your really hooked!!! Happy cruising! :D

Park-n-cruise is the way to go. We booked a room near the port through Hotwire and used Park-n-cruise. Much cheaper than booking a hotel with parking/shuttle. If you want details, check out my review--link in my signature.

Sorry--once you have a balcony, you'll be spoiled. It's worth it!

Oh Gamom, your hooked. You'll never cruise without a balcony again. And to save your pursestrings, DO NOT GET AN AFT WRAP!! Then your really hooked!!! Happy cruising! :D

So true. We started with Ocean View--then balcony--then aft wrap--next up aft wrap suite. Can't wait, but we've had to save $ all year to pay for it!

We booked the Dream today also for an August trip, but we've been on the Dream and the Legend, there's no comparison...Dream is a fantasy ship. Check out the made to order pasta cafe up the stairs in the buffet area. We had there everyday two years ago. Pools are very small but lots of hot tubs and so much to do. Enjoy!!!!

We are so excited! I was just looking at the pictures on the carnival website of the room layout...it is not like anyting we have been on before! I love sea days more than any port we have EVER been in (except for Key West) so to have 3 sea days is so exciting!!!!! (I know everyone doesn't feel that way.....but we do!)

Which one of these parking places is the best? I was just looking at them the first one I couldn't get the rates to pull up. I had never really considered parking off site until December...but we saved so much money in Jacksonville!:)

We used "Park n Cruise" last July....its very close to the pier and very convenient. Its easy to find....right alongside the road....we drove in....paid....parked.....got our luggage and handed it to the guy driving the van.....got in the van.....took about 5 to 10 minutes to be right at the pier. The bus driver handed the luggage right to the porters who put it on their cart. It was really nice and we'll do the same when we sail on the Dream this November. Can't wait!! Hope you have as much fun on the Dream as we did! ;)

Archived