Sack Lunches - Excursions

txteachers

Which line are you talking about? Generally, no. What some people do is order room service sandwich or make it up in the morning and put it in ziplocks. Pack in their beach bag. sometimes it works but sometimes it does not.

I go in the morning and grab a boxed cereal (sealed). I also have sealed cereal bars that I bring onto the ship (I'm diabetic). I take these with me where ever I go. Along with a bottle of water. I also have some hard candy.

Legeally, you can not take anything of a food nature off the ship. You will see barrels where people have to toss the stuff away. The same with going back on the ship (can you say bedbugs). This is how some spieces of spiders and ants ect get from one country to another. Think of it this way would you want someone bring food from another country into your country with possible contamination.

On board Cunard's Caronia we made a polite request the night before in the dinning room and we were given nice lunch boxes at breakfast. These included some drinks, sandwiches, fruits and chocolate bars.

Yet it is correct that only some places do allow food to be taken ashore and some do not.

I do not know about other ships or maybe American cruise lines in general but you might just ask.

Archived