Veendam - "A" Deck

nsync

I can't say for sure (never went down there when I was on board), but if you'll note, on the same side as 823, you'll see there are door openings that line up with the cabin doors across the hall, so I would hazard a guess that they may be staff cabins (such as entertainment, etc.). Sorry I can't be more specific. Maybe someone who stayed in that area of one of the S-class ships can help.

Don't know for sure, but I do know the large white space at the extreme stern, beyond the area you are asking about, is where all the stern anchor and tie up ropes are located. It could be that the area you are asking about is an engineering area for ropes and equipment associated with docking.

I'm looking at the deck plan for "A" Deck and was wondering if anyone knows what the empty space between MM823 and the back of the ship is? And is it a noisy area? Thank you!

I presume you are talking about the areas directly across from 807 and 809. I do not know about those areas, but on the Maasdam, the similar space across from cabin 728 is a "pantry". It seemed to be where dishes from room service were returned to. There was some noise there, but it didn't bother us, although it may bother others.

My guess is that those areas you are referring to may be for storage of housekeeping supplies for cabin stewards, but I am only guessing and may be completely wrong.

Edit: Sorry, I misread your post. But in case someone else is interested in the information about the "pantry", I will not delete it.

Also, someone else posted about the noise in their cabin at the very front of the A deck as the ship was docking, apparently from the thrusters(?). I would wonder if the same would be true at the stern.

Archived