??? Regarding Obstructed View cabins on "Jewel"

marco

We're contemplating booking an "obstructed view" cabin on Deck 8 on NCL "Jewel". For anyone who has been in these cabins, exactly how "obstructed" is it? We have been on some ships where the "obstructed view" left next to nothing to see other than just a crack of daylight and on some ships, "obstructed view" was nothing more than about a foot of the bow of a life boat. Having never been on the "Jewel", I'm asking here.

It varies. some have a decent view. Others have a minimal view. some have a limited view through the windows of a lifeboat. The first few forward cabins have a small speedboat outside to below the window...these probably have the best view. Some cabins have two smaller elongated windows...other one larger window. I suggest you jot down available cabin numbers, then use the search function on cruise critic...often you will find posts and/or pics. Remember Jewel is sister ship to Gem and Pearl, so the cabins should have the same view on all of them.

I suggest you jot down available cabin numbers, then use the search function on cruise critic...often you will find posts and/or pics. Remember Jewel is sister ship to Gem and Pearl, so the cabins should have the same view on all of them.

Don't forget the european based sister Jade, she's often neglected when talking about the siblings. :D

I was researching the same thing. We are looking to take all 6 of our kids on a Summer cruise next year so we would need to book ideally 3 cabins. I HAVE to have a window or something and the price was right for the obstructed views. It does appear that there are WIDE variations on the view.

There is a guy on here that was compiling pics of the various ships. You should search for it because he has room numbers, etc. If you go before I do, come back with your pics and let me know!

I've been in 2 Jewel obstructed view. On the first, one of my windows was directly across from the doors on to the lifeboat I could see right through. I think it was 8582. Last year I was a few rooms down & looked right in the lifeboat. I think those rooms are great - especially for the price but I'm not picky.

I've never stayed in one of those cabins, but I've discretely peaked in the door of a few when a steward was working in the area. All that I've seen were heavily obstructed. You would certainly get the sensation of daylight, but I wouldn't count on much else. My observations were aboard the Pearl, and naturally your mileage may vary. :-)

Still, these rooms are often a bargain. I'm not sure I'd like an "inside" cabin, but these just might be OK. The location on deck 8 seems pretty convenient.

Maybe the sideways rooms have the shorter windows? I've been in the regular rooms and the ones I have seen had the tall windows.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is that simple...Based upon photos, I think some regular rooms have regular windows while others have elongated ones. I really think if somebody is considering one of these cabins and cares about the view, they should search this forum for the cabin number (or the corresponding one on the opposite side)...CC members give feedback and pics that can be very helpful.

• 2 years later...