LAX - flying out at 6:00 AM - suggestions for Hotel

imaboo

Hi all,

We need to stay overnight in LA to catch a 6am flight out to New Orleans. I am looking for a hotel that 1) Has an LAX shuttle and 2) Has some kind of breakfast option available at 4am-ish.

I looked at a couple of hotels on Travelocity which had a shuttle, but they didn't have breakfast options that early. I am finding it really tedious to click on each hotel information link and search through the text to find out about breakfast options, so I thought I would ask here instead :D

Thanks in advance :)

imaboo - I did a quick search and couldn't find any hotel with a restaurant serving breakfast before 6 AM. You may need to see what LAX has to offer after you clear security. Not a great solution but it may be all you can hope for.:(

imaboo - I did a quick search and couldn't find any hotel with a restaurant serving breakfast before 6 AM. You may need to see what LAX has to offer after you clear security. Not a great solution but it may be all you can hope for.:(

Ah yes, you have seen my quandary then. I may have to order something from room service the night before - lol. Thanks for looking!

Ah yes, you have seen my quandary then. I may have to order something from room service the night before - lol. Thanks for looking!

A late order from room service, saved for prior to checkout, may be a great idea. If you choose carefully and have it wrapped, you can possibly carry it with you to the airport. Sounds like a plan;).

The one time we had an early morning flight, we stayed at the LAX Marriott which had a shuttle and at that time, had a continental breakfast. Not sure about being able to get a full blown breakfast at say, 4am. Just remember, if you have a 6am flight, you need to be checked in at the airport around 5am or earlier.

So maybe a better question: if you can get food inside LAX at that time?

If you go the room service route, make sure you order something in time (I remember we tried to order room service late at night and there were very few choices -- fortunately the hotel had given us a newlywed fruit basket) and that you'll have a fridge in your hotel room.

I would recommend that you plan on picking up some juice and sweet rolls or something like that while out during the day before your flight, and bring that back to your room to eat in the morning. Find out if you will have a room with a frig and a coffee maker, and you could even pick up some hard cooked eggs, etc.

You will need to be sure that the hotel shuttle runs that early too...some only start running at 6AM. You will need to be at the airport no later than 5AM...and 4:30 would be wiser.

The LAX Hilton has 24 hour room service, as well as a 24-hour Bistro. They also have shuttle service to/from LAX. See below for more info:

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/LAXAHHH-Hilton-Los-Angeles-Airport-California/dining.do

I would also add that the LAX Travelodge has a 24 Hours Denny's Restaurant located immediately adjacent to the hotel. They also offer shuttle service to/from LAX. The Travelodge, while adequate, is a more basic property.

Do you mean a free breakfast, or just a hotel restaurant that's open that early? I think either would be unlikely.

Most LAX area hotels have shuttles, and you could see that as an amenity on Hotwire (and save money; I don't think Priceine specifies, though you could get hints on www.betterbidding.com), but you may not know if the shuttle runs 24 hours unless you book a specific hotel (with a third party site such as Travelocity or directly with the hotel) and ask them in advance. Some hotels will prepare a breakfast go to if you leave before their restaurant's opening time, but I would not skip a hotel with a good rate just because I couldn't get a free breakfast before my flight (and of the LAX hotels we've stayed at, none has offered a free breakfast, so we could just as well eat in the airport, or buy stuff in advance at a market, etc.). Ditto with the shuttle. If you stay someplace like the Ramada, Sheraton, etc., the taxi fare shouldn't be high at all.

BTW, http://www.betterbidding.com has info on what hotels others have gotten through bidding on Hotwire and Priceline, but there are no guarantees. Using those sites we've gotten the Sheraton, Ramada and Crowne Plaza. Room service or eating at the airport seem the best choices. I don't recall if any had 24-hour shuttles (I imagine at least some do, though you may have to arrange the night before). I'd personally just get to the airport early, to reduce the chance of last-minute hassles, and eat there, but that's me.

So maybe a better question: if you can get food inside LAX at that time?

I'd personally just get to the airport early' date=' to reduce the chance of last-minute hassles, and eat there, but that's me.

[/quote']

I checked Terminal 7/8 for what food was available and it looks like McDonald's opens at 4:30 AM and Starbucks at 5:00 AM. So we're set I think. We can just grab something and take it on the plane with us.

As for shuttle service, I have found a number of hotels that advertise a 24 hr shuttle. And, worst case scenario, if we have to pay a cab, we will.

Thanks for everyone's help - very much appreciated :)

I'd stop by the Ralph's at the northeast corner of the airport (Sepulveda just north of where Lincoln splits off, adjacent to In-n-Out). Get breakfast stuff and deli items to eat in your room or on the plane.

Keep in mind that liquids, jams, or anything that "pours, spreads, or smears" (TSA poster) is subject to the 3-1-1 rule at the security checkpoint.

Archived