Ruins and Fishing Tour with David and Ivan

Rodeomomof2

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in June :) and I have booked our first tour with David when we stop at the port in Costa Maya. I booked this with them before I found this great site with all of it's information. I feel that I made a wise decision in choosing them after reading most of the good reviews, and they all seem to be very eager to please during my e-mails with them. I have a few questions though, :confused: I am going on the Sensation and we will be the only ship in port that day, I read that even though it says 10am on the itenerary that you probably will not get off of the ship until 12. Is this common or just one person's experience? I am asking this because after our ruins tour David is also booking a fishing boat trip for us and with a deadline/sailing time of 6pm that day, we were wondering how we were going to do it all if the ship "may" not be there until 12. David said that we could rearrange our day as needed when we get there; but I am concerened about getting my husband's hopes up about fishing and then he may not get to do it because of time. We certainly do not want to miss the boat.:eek:

I will be sailing on the Sensation leaving May 21. I just looked at Carnival's website, and it seems the times we dock in Costa Maya have changed from 10-6 to noon-8. So, I am guessing maybe they have changed their schedules.

Yeah, I JUST saw that as well for our cruise. I wonder why the later stop? I hope that does not stop us from being able to go on the fishing trip, David is planning on going with us since I do not speak Spanish.

Have fun on your cruise!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I did not see this until today....we had booked it with David at: http://www.chacchobenruins.com/wst_page8.html

He was very good at e-mailing me and keeping up with my many questions and then I e-mailed him the last time over 2 weeks ago and I have not heard back from him since, so I am not sure we are going to be doing the ruins and fishing with him....were you and your husband interested in going on this as well? :)

That is what I do not understand either, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt because I can understand them being busy and the lack of internet access and such. They were so nice about e-mailing me up until a couple of weeks ago, but we never actually confirmed anything which is why I was concerned that I may not have a tour with them since I have not heard back from David. I do think they would be a great tour to go with; but I like to have everything confirmed and am not sure where I stand.....Good luck to you! :)

I just received word back from David, and it seems that our ruins tour, at least is still on for June 6th, I am not sure we will have time for fishing since we will not be docking until noon or later. I was glad to hear back from him, it seems he had not gotten my last e-mail. I will be sure to write a detailed review of the tour when we get back home. :)

Just got an offer from David to run another cruise if there is enough interest since he was already booked up. We are a group of 4 adults, and he needs a minimum of 7. He also mentioned adding another site after the ruins if we are interested. It goes to a town about 20 minutes from the ruins (Bacalar) which sounds very interesting and ties in well with going to the ruins. It has underground rivers among other things.

If anyone is interested, let me know asap as Ivan will be checking back with me on Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived