Any difference between Swizzle and Swizzle Inn?

pampaul

Just trying to gather up some info on our upcoming cruise. We MIGHT grab some lunch while out one day. Have heard some great reviews on this restaurant and wondering if there is a difference between the two?

Just trying to gather up some info on our upcoming cruise. We MIGHT grab some lunch while out one day. Have heard some great reviews on this restaurant and wondering if there is a difference between the two?

I wouldn't say the food is great, it's typical pub grub. The fun, to me, is just being there and enjoying a nice rum 'n punch or dark 'n stormy and enjoying Bermuda.

As far as I know, the only difference is the location.

The only difference I'm aware of is the location. The original Swizzle Inn is at Bailey's Bay which is about half way between Hamilton & St George's and is served by bus route #1, #3, #10, & #11. Bus routes #10 & #11 are more direct. The new SI is called Swizzle, South Shore and is located on South Road where it is close to Elbow Beach, Warwick Long Bay Beach and Horseshoe Bay Beach but I don't recall any being within walking distance. It is served only by bus route #7. It is about a 40 minute bus ride from the Dockyard. It is not on the beach.

lnik: http://www.swizzleinn.com/

SBtS

We've been to both, and like the South Shore version a little better. Menu is the same. Whenever we take a bus to any South Shore beach, we always stop at the Swizzle on the way back to the ship. The bus stop is right next to the place. Worth a trip to either location.

Our ship (NCL Dawn) will be at King's Wharf in May. We do plan on a day trip to St. George (probably get there via ferry from Dockyard to St. George.) On our return back to the shop, is it feasible to get to the Swizzle Inn for a couple of afternoon drinks and, if so, how do we get there (and then get back to the ship for dinnertime?)

Our ship (NCL Dawn) will be at King's Wharf in May. We do plan on a day trip to St. George (probably get there via ferry from Dockyard to St. George.) On our return back to the shop, is it feasible to get to the Swizzle Inn for a couple of afternoon drinks and, if so, how do we get there (and then get back to the ship for dinnertime?)

Yes, if you are in St George's, it is easy to stop at SI on the bus ride to Hamilton. There is a bus stop across the street from the original SI that bus routes #1, #3, #10, & #11 can drop you at when you are returning to Hamilton.

When you are finished at the SI, any inbound bus listed above will eventually get you to the Hamilton bus terminal. From there, it is a short walk to the ferry terminal for the ride back to the Dockyard.

Bus routes #10, & #11 have shorter travel times to Hamilton than the #1, & #3. Travel time from the SI to Hamilton is about 30 minutes; ferry ride from Hamilton to the Dockyard is about 20 minutes.

SBtS

Archived