Women's Attire On Elegant Night

CRUISE4JANE

You always come across a thread about what men wear on Elegant Night, but what about women :rolleyes:? All I have been hearing is long gowns or cocktail dresses, fancy tops and black pants. Can anyone elaborate? What is the minimum dress attire for women :confused:? On my cruises before, I always packed a suit and tie for my husband and a simple basic dress for me that I would wear to a wedding. I honestly can say I really don't care too much about packing all these dressy clothes and extra shoes. :mad: Also, when dinner is over, back to the cabin to undress in comfy clothes :) I don't need any more pictures taken.

Everything you've mentioned in your post can be worn for elegant night...I agree with you, I don't like to pack all the dressy stuff...I tend to take a dress for one night and a dressy pantsuit for the other. If I just have one elegant night, I'll take the pantsuit. You don't see as many "ball gown" type dresses, but you will see cocktail dresses. Really anything is fine.

You always come across a thread about what men wear on Elegant Night, but what about women :rolleyes:? All I have been hearing is long gowns or cocktail dresses, fancy tops and black pants. Can anyone elaborate? What is the minimum dress attire for women :confused:? On my cruises before, I always packed a suit and tie for my husband and a simple basic dress for me that I would wear to a wedding. I honestly can say I really don't care too much about packing all these dressy clothes and extra shoes. :mad: Also, when dinner is over, back to the cabin to undress in comfy clothes :) I don't need any more pictures taken.

Ha! You sound like me! After dinner and pictures my whole family heads back to our cabin and changes into comfortable clothes. My husband and son are wearing dress pants, dress shirts and ties. My daughter and I are wearing dresses similar to what we would wear to a wedding. I'm also bringing a pant suit with a glittery top. I'm bringing ONE pair of dress shoes. :)

So I'd just bring what you brought before, if you have it on hand. But if you don't feel like dressing up at all you can always just choose do dine in the Lido buffet that night.

I have read reports of men wearing polo shirts and khakis at the "cruise elegant" night. Some people think that's inappropriate, but I personally don't care what other people wear.

We have gone from a suit and tie for my husband and a really nice black dress for me to a polo and khakis for my husband and a nice sundress for me. For us, it's all about comfort and not having to pack a ton of clothes.

Wear whatever YOU feel comfortable in, and don't let anyone else sway your decision.

I have read reports of men wearing polo shirts and khakis at the "cruise elegant" night. Some people think that's inappropriate, but I personally don't care what other people wear.

I hope a polo shirt and khakis is OK because that's the fanciest that I'm gonna be able to talk my DH into wearing. :p

I just wrote on the other thread about how to pack lighter, that my biggest problem is that I bring too much fancy stuff for the MDR. I swear, next cruise, I will either wear the same dress or outfit twice, or do a mix and match. I always liked to dress up a bit for the dinner service, but am finding that I am the exception, so the best thing I can do for myself is to take less of that stuff, and more, day time wear. I think that as long as you are decently dressed, then there will be no problem, and I really think most people dont even notice, especially if you wear the same outfit twice, ie elegant night. That is what I will probably do next time.

I agree w/ all the above posts. It seems like less & less of actual formal wear. More people opt for a church/wedding type dress. I like dressing up to a degree, & DH looks so nice in a suit, that we do dress up a bit. But as others have said, we don't care what others do. Wear what makes you feel good about yourself & comfortable. I usually wear a sundress type thing on casual nights, cause that is what I am comfortable in. But again- whatever you choose will be fine.

Archived