Water taxis from terminal to my hotel

skiladyldp

Hello, where will I find a water taxi to take me to Hotel Ala in Saint Marco Square? I will be disembarking off the Riveria in October and will be loaded with luggage. Do we have to walk a ways to find a water taxi stand? Do I need to make reservations ahead or can a porter arrange it. Thanks for any information

Hello, where will I find a water taxi to take me to Hotel Ala in Saint Marco Square? I will be disembarking off the Riveria in October and will be loaded with luggage. Do we have to walk a ways to find a water taxi stand? Do I need to make reservations ahead or can a porter arrange it. Thanks for any information

Set it up with the hotel before you go. ;-)

The ship transports your luggage to the customs hall. As you exit the hall, there will be a desk with a guy coordinating water taxis. As you approach the desk, look for some one to share with. With a lot of luggage, 4 is ideal. Or find someone on the ship to share with. The guy at the desk has a telefonnino and calls in water taxis as required . He will ask where you want to go, how many you are and will give you a slip with the number of the taxi on it. The dock is about 40 yards from the exit from the hall. Depending on the no/size of ship, the dock area can be a bit chaotic. Marina isn't too huge compared to some. The screenshot shows the custom hall at the top (exit at left end) and the dock with some taxis just below.

To see for yourself, cut and paste these numbers into google earth or google maps 45.438131,12.312326 include the comma

Asking the hotel would IMO be a waste of time as the water taxi would have no where to wait.

1305790855_ScreenShot2012-03-18at6_17_17PM.jpg.931ce9edaad700d5a430c96a8e2ba0fd.jpg

Archived