Pirates of the Caribbean Day Sail????

Buffettphan1

Have not been on that one before. I do recommend the lambada out of the pelican resort. Boat is extremely fun. Usually head to Anguilla for lunch at Roy's place then stop somewhere either before or after lunch to snorkel. Open bar throughout the entire trip. It's a must do every time I visit the island !!

Did something similar in St. Thomas and it was a great day.

Depending on how many ships are in port, I would seriously consider any type of excursion that gets you away from the crowds.

We were in St. Martin, last Wednesday with at least 7 ships. It was a challenge to catch a cab. Traffic was slow. Maho Beach was practically standing room only. No enjoyment whatsoever in my opinion.

I truly wished I had arranged an excursion to wisk me away from the thousands of people.

Others mentioned Orient Beach was just as packed.

Karen

Did something similar in St. Thomas and it was a great day.

Depending on how many ships are in port, I would seriously consider any type of excursion that gets you away from the crowds.

We were in St. Martin, last Wednesday with at least 7 ships. It was a challenge to catch a cab. Traffic was slow. Maho Beach was practically standing room only. No enjoyment whatsoever in my opinion.

I truly wished I had arranged an excursion to wisk me away from the thousands of people.

Others mentioned Orient Beach was just as packed.

Karen

Yikes, thanks for the heads up!

We were thinking of not doing thins and winging it and going to Maho Beach, but maybe not.

Yikes, thanks for the heads up!

We were thinking of not doing thins and winging it and going to Maho Beach, but maybe not.

Just check how many ships are in port the day you will be there at

cruise tt dot com (remove spaces/ replace the dot with .)

It will give you an idea of the crowds you will experience.

Getting a taxi was not for the weak. I was totally frustrated, with the lack of organization. We even waited at least 2 hours after we arrived to leave the ship. Can't imagine what it would have been like an hour earlier.

I spent a lot of money on my cruise, and in future will spend a few extra to get the proper excursions. Look for something that is on a catamaran, or private boats, that has to limit the number of people due to space constraints and/or equipment requirements.

Just check how many ships are in port the day you will be there at

cruise tt dot com (remove spaces/ replace the dot with .)

It will give you an idea of the crowds you will experience.

Getting a taxi was not for the weak. I was totally frustrated, with the lack of organization. We even waited at least 2 hours after we arrived to leave the ship. Can't imagine what it would have been like an hour earlier.

I spent a lot of money on my cruise, and in future will spend a few extra to get the proper excursions. Look for something that is on a catamaran, or private boats, that has to limit the number of people due to space constraints and/or equipment requirements.

I just checked that and found that the Adventure is not on the list for the day we will be there. Weird. Another site shows that Adventure and one other ship. Maybe it wont be a problem going to the beaches?

• 6 months later...

Archived