Uniworld River Royale

Lotsacruising

We did northbound Rhine in oct 2011. Thought the river Doyle and crew were the best. It was our first river cruise and we are hooked. Leaving sat for Amsterdam to Budapest. Be prepared for the small cabin,but excellent food and wine. The excursions were all notable. One guide, Virginia, is worth finding. We did all the optionals and enjoyed them as well. Have a great trip.

We did the south to north France cruise last year, so our itinerary will be different than your's BUT - the ship is beautiful and the staff top notch! They really take care of their guests. You will love it.

B.Cole

Have a great time lotsacruising. Please write a review when you get back. My husband and I will be going the end of May and I can't wait to hear what to expect!

Be safe and enjoy!

Barbara

We have heard that Uniworld is not a real "dress-up for dinner" cruise line, but their videos show folks a bit on the dressy side. I have heard that formal attire is not worn, but not sure just how duded up you need to get? Can anyone please advise?

My wife and I were on the River Royal last spring (our 6th Uniworld cruise). It is a great boat with a super crew!!! You will really enjoy the trip.

As far as getting "dressed up" for dinner, the advertising brochures show a much more formal attire than what is real. The vast majority of people tend to dress informally for dinner. Rarely see jeans and never have seen shorts. Even the Captain's and Farewell dinners are not very dressy. Very few men wear suits, some wear sport jackets and most wear khaki pants and golf type shirts.

I can't speak for what women wear since my wife always accuses me of not noticing. I can say that the women's styles seems compatible with the men's.

Since the airlines have been cutting back on the number and the weight of the bags, people have been much more judicious in the clothes they have packed.

Have a good trip. Wish we were going with you.

P.S. The River Royal has the best on ship store in the entire Uniworld fleet. If you want to get anything local, they have it. The ship's hotel manager does an unbelievable job stocking it.

I don't know what she was like before, and they said a small upgrade, but she is far, far better and more spacious in the cabins than the Baroness. So far very happy, I can actually move around the cabin, bathroom is excellent. Tastefully decorated, but not over the top.

So far so good :)

I don't know what she was like before, and they said a small upgrade, but she is far, far better and more spacious in the cabins than the Baroness. So far very happy, I can actually move around the cabin, bathroom is excellent. Tastefully decorated, but not over the top.

So far so good :)

Looking forward to more reports. I wasn't sure if the upgrade was completed. I heard she was going to be like new for this season. Any pictures will be appreciated.

From another thread: You may want to check out my video review of our British Isles cruise on the main Princess board.

Could you please direct me to this review location on CC? We're doing our homework for British Isles. bwest53@yahoo.com

My apologies for my post on this thread. Just didn't know how else to reach JanetAlice.

Barbara

From another thread: You may want to check out my video review of our British Isles cruise on the main Princess board.

Could you please direct me to this review location on CC? We're doing our homework for British Isles. bwest53@yahoo.com

My apologies for my post on this thread. Just didn't know how else to reach JanetAlice.

Barbara

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1484157

Here is the thread. If you would like more info you can email me at

Jconti at nycap dot rr dot com.

Jan

• 1 month later...

Suzanne-- I know the feeling. Finally got ours last week after being lost in the mail for 2 weeks. We are on the cruise just before you May 13-20, and leave for France next Tuesday to spend a few days in AIx-en-Provence, where we plan to rent a car and drive around exploring the countryside before showing up in Arles on the day before we board. The excitement is us like being a small child on Christmas Eve! Everything I have read and seen about this ship and the itenerary makes me get even more excited. Our first river cruise. We may pass on the gangplank in Lyon--have a wonderful trip!!

Archived