How important is Balcony Location?

Kverlinger

I've never been in a true ocean view balcony. We had a balcony on Oasis, but it was overlooking the boardwalk. So, I had booked a balcony with mil.discount on our up and coming splendor cruise and recieved the standard deck 6/aft. With the spring into summer sale, I had to pay a total of 50 dollars more, but now I'm midship/lido deck. Is 50 bucks worth the change?

as long as the balcony is not recessed, and i can look left or right and see the front and back of the ship, and i can look down and see water, and there's a covering over me, i'm fine.

i've tried aft a number of times, and unless it's a long one, i'm fine staying on the side.

We like being midship as it is far easier to go to either end when necessary. When we were on Dream a few weeks ago, we didn't go to our regular midship balcony, instead had a spa balcony and that was forward.

We wanted to go to the dining room for breakfast mornings and that was all the way at the rear of the ship. I know the walking was good for us, but I would have preferred to go only half the way. My DH uses a walker and it was quite a long walk for him to go from one end to the other.

From now on, we will only stay mid-ship. A standard balcony is fine for us and as long as we are on deck 8 or 9, we are fine. An aft balcony with no breeze holds no interest for us and the spa balcony, although it was pleasant with a great view, the cabin had a lot of rocking going on, so a lower deck is far better for us.

I've never been in a true ocean view balcony. We had a balcony on Oasis, but it was overlooking the boardwalk. So, I had booked a balcony with mil.discount on our up and coming splendor cruise and recieved the standard deck 6/aft. With the spring into summer sale, I had to pay a total of 50 dollars more, but now I'm midship/lido deck. Is 50 bucks worth the change?

If I am reading your list of cruises correct, you are sailing Splendor? If so, then heck yeah, $50 is worth it.

We LOVE the Lido Deck. It's close to the pools and food, and there are fewer cabins so there is less foot traffic. We book Lido Deck on any ship that has cabins available.

as long as the balcony is not recessed, and i can look left or right and see the front and back of the ship, and i can look down and see water, and there's a covering over me, i'm fine.

i've tried aft a number of times, and unless it's a long one, i'm fine staying on the side.

Same here....

We actually had an aft extended balcony on Princess. We got it with a balcony guarantee and although we liked it, we wouldn't pay extra to book one again. We kinda missed our side balcony.

Now, more than anything we pick our room by whats around us. We like to be on a deck with rooms above and below us. And, for the first time we are trying a balcony that's forward.

We had a Lido deck Balcony on the Conquest. (very similar ship, although not quite the same) Loved the location, easy to run back to the cabin to change, use restroom, etc from Lido activities. Less foot traffic, great views. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Is it worth $50? How tight is your budget? If things are tight, no don't take it. It's nice, but not a necessary expense. If you are fine, have enough to get by, etc...go for it.

Archived