Another Newbie!

ilionite65

No, not new to cruising, but new to Celebrity. I have gone to the Celebrity web site, b ut I find it hard to get around, and am not getting my questionbs answered. I hope you good people here can help me out.

As I said, I'm n ot new to cruising, I am diamond plus loyality level with RCCL, which will make me Elite on Celebrity. Am going on the Millennium, May 27. I have found some things on the web site, such as some of the restaurants....The Olympic, Bistro on Five (I understand that reservations are not necessary here), and Cafe al Bacio & Gelateria. Just what is the Cafe al Bacio? I got the idea that it's not truly a restaurant, but a coffee house with gelatos etc. Are there any other restaurants on this ship?

Regarding the Captains club, what is it and who gets to use it?

I read that the Millennium is due to be revitalized in the spring, heard it would be in April. Anybody know what is going to be done to her?

Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it and am really looking forward to the sailing in May.

Pat

No, not new to cruising, but new to Celebrity. I have gone to the Celebrity web site, b ut I find it hard to get around, and am not getting my questionbs answered. I hope you good people here can help me out.

As I said, I'm n ot new to cruising, I am diamond plus loyality level with RCCL, which will make me Elite on Celebrity. Am going on the Millennium, May 27. I have found some things on the web site, such as some of the restaurants....The Olympic, Bistro on Five (I understand that reservations are not necessary here), and Cafe al Bacio & Gelateria. Just what is the Cafe al Bacio? I got the idea that it's not truly a restaurant, but a coffee house with gelatos etc. Are there any other restaurants on this ship?

Regarding the Captains club, what is it and who gets to use it?

I read that the Millennium is due to be revitalized in the spring, heard it would be in April. Anybody know what is going to be done to her?

Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it and am really looking forward to the sailing in May.

Pat

Welcome to Celebrity! After the renos (known as Solsticizing) to Millennium, the specialty restaurants will be The Olympic (upscale continental cuisine), Bistro on 5 (creperie and panini full service restaurant), and Qsine (funky, trendy restaurant); all of these carry an extra charge. You can look at all the menus on the Celebrity website under specialty dining. The "free" restaurants are the Main Dining Room, the Buffet, the Aqua Spa Cafe (open only for breakfast and lunch, offering healthy buffet options) and the Grill. Cafe al Bacio is a barista coffee house (beverages are an extra charge), which also serves small bites throughout the day: pastries in the morning, small sandwiches and desserts later in the day (no charge).

The Captain's Club is just what Celebrity calls it's loyalty program; I believe the RCCL equivalent is the Crown and Anchor Society.

During the renos many soft surfaces will get a facelift, bars will be changed and upgraded, Bistro on 5 and Qsine will be added, as will additional cabins, and balconies will be added to the Celebrity Suites. If I've missed anything I'm sure others will chime in.

Have a great cruise!

Hi Pat,

I am on that same sailing with you.

Cafe al Bacio is the cafe. They have good quality coffees and teas with a la carte pricing. They also have food (snacks rather than meal size) throughout the day for no charge (even if you do not purchase a beverage, you can still obtain food). In the morning they have really good croissants (almond and chocolate) as well as danishes. Later in the day they have finger foods and desserts.

During the upcoming dry dock, Millennium will be having some of the restaurants and venues from the newer class of ships (S-Class) added to her as well as updating. In addition to have Cafe al Bacio and Bistro on 5 added, another specialty restaurant named Qsine will be added. Qsine is a tapas style (i.e. small plates) restaurant serving typical foods with a fun, whimsical twist (i.e. sushi lollipops).

The Captain's Club is the name of Celebrity's loyalty program (like RCI's is called Crown & Anchor Society). Since you are at least Diamond with RCI, you will receive all the Elite perks with Captain's Club such as 90 minutes free internet, free bag of laundry, free cocktails from 5pm-7pm most evenings, free espresso based coffees/fresh squeezed juice/smoothies/and mimoas or bloody Mary's at a daily breakfast, invitations to some special events etc. The Elite perks are quite nice.

Hope to see you on board and come join the Roll Call if you haven't already.

Thank you for your quick responses! I was looking forward to this cruise, but now, with a little knowledge, I'm really looking forward to it! One question I meant to ask but forgot is..... I think I read that each person can bring 2 750ml. bottles of wine on board, Is that correct? Would be nice! Am going now to check the roll call board!

Getting the Elite status is not automatic, you will need to contact Celebrity prior to the cruise and give them you Crown and Anchor number. They will then enroll you in Captains Club.

Thank you for that info. My travel agent is supposedly working on that, she has been since we booked a week ago! Due to your post I will be sure to keep after her about this, thanks again!

Pat

Archived