Speciality dining on the Epic

heckofagator

We're headed out with the family on the Epic in less than a week. We've already reserved Blue Man Group, but have yet to book any specialty restaurants.

We do plan to eat at the pay restaurants every nite, but haven't booked them yet. We'd like a little flexibility, possibly making a game time decision on where we go based upon what we're in the mood for. But, I'm also concerned with places filling up.

Are you normally ok to book on the ship either the same day, or a day in advance without any trouble? Or should we really sit down before we depart and at least get some reservations in?

Thanks in advance!

The only one that I have either noticed or read that fills up is Teppanyaki. The others we have alwasy just decided that day where to go and either just showed up not minding a small wait or called during the day to reserve. For us, it was nicer not having to be somewhere at a certain time.

I was on the ship last week. Any time we went to make a reservation the day of or for the following day it seemed like the only time slot was 9pm.

We reserved Moderno for the 2nd night within 5 minutes of getting on the ship. We wanted 7 and had to take 7:30, so even with the people booking online there is still some availability for the good times when you first get on the ship. La Cucina was full till 9pm nearly every night we checked.

If there are a couple you really want to try, make it a point to reserve before your trip. You can always change it on the ship if needed. Also keep in mind that if you go early to any restaurant there's a strong likelihood that you will get in unless the ship is very full. By early I mean between 5:30 and 6:00. There are also plenty of free, non reservation places to eat that are very good, so don't think you have to eat in specialty to get decent food. My favorite was the Noodle Bar, but O'Sheehan's has good food, as do the MDR's and even the buffet. You won't go hungry. :)

Also keep in mind on Epic that any dining reservation you make in advance you will have to pay by credit card at the time you book - so if you have some OBC that you want to use for this purpose, you won't be able to do that. An alternative to consider: when you board the first day, make your reservation for that evening and then ask if you can make a few days extra, they will usually accomidate you. Then later during the week when you get a better feel for your schedule, you can book the rest.

Archived