A few questions about Museum, Lighthouse

keegsgrammy

I read somewhere that at Dolphin Quest at the Maritime Museum that the price included the Dolphin Show...Can anybody tell me if there is a Dolphin show and what time it is. Also we would like to go to Gibbs Lighthouse, how much would a taxi cost? Another question: Is the Casemates prison open for tours?:)

The taxi fare to Gibbs L/H from the cruise ship is about $25.00 for 1 to 4 passengers, weekday travel.

As for the Casemates prison, I have been unable to find anything stating it is open for tours. There is a brief history here - http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_0002b8.htm

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...
The taxi fare to Gibbs L/H from the cruise ship is about $25.00 for 1 to 4 passengers, weekday travel.

As for the Casemates prison, I have been unable to find anything stating it is open for tours. There is a brief history here - http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_0002b8.htm

SBtS

Thanks for that link!

~Cindy

I read somewhere that at Dolphin Quest at the Maritime Museum that the price included the Dolphin Show...Can anybody tell me if there is a Dolphin show and what time it is. Also we would like to go to Gibbs Lighthouse, how much would a taxi cost? Another question: Is the Casemates prison open for tours?:)

You can see the dolphins from the grounds of the Maritime Museum, which I believe has a $10 admission fee, but you can't swim with the dolphins or participate in any dolphin-related activities unless you pay a separate substantial fee. Here's a link to the Dolphin Quest site: http://www.dolphinquest.com/

You can see the dolphins from the grounds of the Maritime Museum, which I believe has a $10 admission fee, but you can't swim with the dolphins or participate in any dolphin-related activities unless you pay a separate substantial fee. Here's a link to the Dolphin Quest site: http://www.dolphinquest.com/

Can you get close enough to take photos of people interacting with the dolphins? I am thinking about maybe planning our visit to the museum when another person on our rollcall is swimming with the dolphins. Could we take a photo of her to surprise her? Or can't you get that close?

If they swim with the dolphins right at the keep,then yes you can get close.We watched the dolphins last year playing in the keep and were there when their handlers fed them and did some training with them.It was alot of fun.There are benches there so you can sit and watch them.

Laura

If they swim with the dolphins right at the keep,then yes you can get close.We watched the dolphins last year playing in the keep and were there when their handlers fed them and did some training with them.It was alot of fun.There are benches there so you can sit and watch them.

Laura

Thank You! From what I've been reading, the dolphins are in the Keep Pond.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know the lighthouse hours? Also can you walk to Dolphin Quest? If so how long does it take?

Gibbs L/H is open 7 days a week 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.

Assuming you are docked at one of the wharves at the Dockyard, the walk from the cruse ship to the Dolphin Quest is 5-7 minutes.

SBtS

There is no Dolphin Show at the museum. All you actually see is the people who have paid to swim with them. The museum is really interesting and well worth the $10. I think Seniors get a price break, if I remember right.

Gibb's lighthouse is fantastic. The view is unbelievable. Once you climb up the stairs, you have to go out through a half size door and then you can walk around the observation platform. It is not a huge area but well worth the climb if you are able to go up the 185 steps. No elavators just steps. Not for someone with knee problems or walking issues. You can take the #7 bus from the dockyard and ask the driver to let you off at Gibbs Lighthouse. There is about a mile walk up to the lighthouse, all up hill. You can hire a taxi to take you right to the Lighthouse if you want to avoid the walk.

Archived