Looking for some help from you cruise experts!

Did I miss something here? How did we get from Enchantment to another ship. Enchantment most certainly DOES have Chops, Deck 6 Port aft, opposite the Schooner bar.

Roy

I missed this on the deck plans. Thanks. So, I'll change my post to say: Try Chop's Grille for one evening. If you want you could feed your 7-year-old in the buffet, then drop him off at Adventure Ocean (no charge until after 10pm I think), and have a nice alone-time evening at Chops.

Okay, thanks AGAIN so much. few other quick questions:

Do I need reservations for Chops? Is that something I have to run and do as soon as we get on the boat or it will be booked up?

What do you think about the wine packages? I won't do the soda as my kids don't drink that much, but is there anything else I should book now, or should book as soon as I get on the boat so we don't lose out on anything? Also I think our suite comes with a concierge level or something like that--does anyone have opinions/suggestions about that? Thank you AGAIN!!

Do I need reservations for Chops? Is that something I have to run and do as soon as we get on the boat or it will be booked up?

What do you think about the wine packages?

Yes, book Chops as soon as you can. You can cancel with 24 hours notice, I think, for no charge. I'm not sure if you have to wait to book on board or if you can book in advance on line. Others might know for the Enchantment of the Seas.

I've never used the wine package. I know you can get a bottle of wine and, if you don't finish it, save it in the MDR for the next night. When I have drinks I usually try something more exotic and special -- drinks I can't easily make for myself at home.

We've gotten the Platinum wine package (5 bottles), which average about $32/btl. With the package, you can get a bottle from the Windjammer or dining room and bring it back to your room if you wish. If you get access to the Concierge lounge, you'll have free drinks! Also, if you have onboard credit, get the wine package while on board to use your credit. If you purchase ahead of time online, you'll be required to pay up front.

Yes, book Chops as soon as you can. You can cancel with 24 hours notice, I think, for no charge. I'm not sure if you have to wait to book on board or if you can book in advance on line. Others might know for the Enchantment of the Seas.

I've never used the wine package. I know you can get a bottle of wine and, if you don't finish it, save it in the MDR for the next night. When I have drinks I usually try something more exotic and special -- drinks I can't easily make for myself at home.

You can book Chops ahead of time online but not after 4 or so days prior to the cruise. We booked online for last July and the day we got onboard just a couple of weeks ago. We ate lunch and walked to Chops and made our reservation right then.

The wine package is worth if it you like to try a variety because I have found we don't save any money by buying it as the wines we buy tend to be on the lower end of the price range. We prefer Riesling, Pinot Grigio, some Chardonnays and White Zin. I can't stand red wine because to me it's like drinking vinegar. You have to look at the package you want and compare prices.

one more question--do you think it is worth getting some sea sickness patches ahead of time for all of us? And do kids normally do better than adults? I'm not a big car sick kind of person, but would hate to do anything that might spoil the trip (like throwing up!!) Thanks.

I would not recommend the patch. They can make you very sleepy. We took Bonine the night before we sailed and each night and had no problems. If your kids have not gottn car/bus sick before they will most likely be ok. Still I'd bring meds in case (yes you can also get them on board but I like having mine handy. )

When we were in Nassau we did Atlantis water park(along with the dolphin encounter) andwe all loved it. Pricey but woth it Imho.

I would not recommend the patch. They can make you very sleepy. We took Bonine the night before we sailed and each night and had no problems. If your kids have not gottn car/bus sick before they will most likely be ok. Still I'd bring meds in case (yes you can also get them on board but I like having mine handy. )

When we were in Nassau we did Atlantis water park(along with the dolphin encounter) andwe all loved it. Pricey but woth it Imho.

The biggest issue I've heard of from those wearing the patch is blurry vision.

I take one Less drowsy dramamine per day (two if it's rocky) and it doesn't make me drowsy, even though I drink. Just got off EN on Monday and I felt great the entire time. We were lucky and had seas under 5 feet the entire 9 days. But, I've taken it with pretty serious seas and waves and it keeps me from getting sick.

Archived