Do you book a balcony...?

l2c4fun

If you book a balcony does someone smoke on your balcony during the cruise?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. If you book a balcony does someone smoke on your balcony during the cruise?

• Yes, someone will smoke on the balcny
    • No

I am so tired of SMOKERS being treated like sub humans GET over it. I smoke and most defiantly will smoke on my BALCONY that's why I bought it :mad: and the ones next to me are smokers also lolololol puff puff that cigarette

I didn't see where the poster you quoted was treating anyone as "sub human". Do you always get this defensive and angry? The OP was just trying to see if they should move cabins to an area that would be least likely affected by cruisers smoking on their balconies or take the chance that the room they have booked would be ok. Their poll is to see what their chances are of getting rooms next to smokers. I find it a very interesting poll and don't see any reason for you to jump down the OP's throat. It's their cruise too. They just want make sure it is as enjoyable for them as it is for you...without infringing on your "right" to smoke on your balcony.

If there's a tailwind exceeding twenty knots, a few wisps of cigarette smoke won't be around long enough for anyone to even notice.

not really. it's only moving at 1 knot.

but to your point, the same in reverse, but some are claiming to book forward cabins just to avoid the smoke.

I am so tired of SMOKERS being treated like sub humans GET over it. I smoke and most defiantly will smoke on my BALCONY that's why I bought it :mad: and the ones next to me are smokers also lolololol puff puff that cigarette

I am OP and don't believe I have said anything that could possibly have offended you. I expect smokers to smoke on their balconies. I simply didn't know how likely it was that our balcony neighbors would be smokers.

We're both non smokers. Had a balcony on all 20 cruises. Have had a few smokers next door on several cruises and never had a problem. Occasionally we smell the smoke but not enough to cause us to leave the balcony. Actually, we've found that those who smoke get a balcony, often, for that very reason. However, otherwise, they don't seem to be those that use the balcony for anything else, so they're usually not out there for any length of stay!

WOW-sounds like you NEED a cigarette, right now!

We are preparing for our first cruise and we are very excited! We booked a balcony because the price difference was very minimal. Now I am worried that we won't be able to use it much. DS has asthma and the rest of us are very sensitive to the smell to smoke. I am wondering if we should just pass up the balcony and contact our PVP about changing.

I have no issue with the fact that people smoke on their balcony. I just didn't even consider that when making the balcony reservation.

I'm hoping this poll will help me get a feeling for the likelihood of our neighbors smoking on their balcony.

Since the price was minimal, I would suggest that you keep the balcony and IF you happen to be next to a smoker, you can still enjoy the big window.

We usually don't get a balcony, but the times that we have....I have found I enjoyed sitting on the bed looking out the window more than actually sitting on the balcony...

Our cruise last month was the first time that the smokers next door ran us off our balcony. Early morning, mid day or late evenings, they always seem to be out there. 32 years of cruising, and this was a first.

That chip on your shoulder must be painful to carry....it seems massive.

I am eleven years smoke-free -- I do NOT begrudge smokers their right to smoke - My mom is in a nursing facility, dying of emphysema as I type this due to the fact that she could never put them down, sadly :(. I do not resent her or anyone else for smoking - completely understand the addiction.

That said? Yes, I just booked a balcony - a cove balcony. My hubby might be annoyed if somebody's smoking next door -- but it doesn't bug me at all -- I mean...seriously? If I was closed up in a car with someone? Sure, that would tick me off. But on a ship at sea? Nah....long as they dispose of their finished cigs in a responsible manner - doesn't bother me a wee bit. And I probably won't even notice I'll be so busy enjoying that beautiful cove view :D

not really. it's only moving at 1 knot.

but to your point, the same in reverse, but some are claiming to book forward cabins just to avoid the smoke.

Hmmm. Then perhaps, using this same train of thought, I should avoid the elevators to avoid people that fart.:eek::rolleyes::D

Don't know what people complain about.

This drug is OK with the Government. It's legal.

The F.D.A. obviously thinks it's a health product, or it would be pulled!

That's good enough for me. ;)

Never had smoke problems on a balcony, btw.

this post was just too easy :)

I am OP and don't believe I have said anything that could possibly have offended you. I expect smokers to smoke on their balconies. I simply didn't know how likely it was that our balcony neighbors would be smokers.

Sry for the rant this has been a beaten dog and it gets frustrating to say the least there are more no smoking sections now than smoking as Magic is now smaller on lido .I have tried to quite numerous times but to no avail I like it so its hard for me to give it up .Please if your on 4/29/12 Magic rooms 2384 and 2386 we are smokers and I am awake all hrs so I may be on Balcony @2-3-4-5 am I will be smoking and having coffee

Sry for the rant this has been a beaten dog and it gets frustrating to say the least there are more no smoking sections now than smoking as Magic is now smaller on lido .I have tried to quite numerous times but to no avail I like it so its hard for me to give it up .Please if your on 4/29/12 Magic rooms 2384 and 2386 we are smokers and I am awake all hrs so I may be on Balcony @2-3-4-5 am I will be smoking and having coffee

Again, I have no issue with you smoking on your balcony. ;) I hope you enjoy your cruise and your balcony. I will enjoy my coffee on my balcony on the Triumph. :p

Im going to go ahead and appologize in advance to anyone who will be on the Pride November25 sailing and who may be near us. Several of our family are going on a cruise and some of us smoke.My Mom is paying for this trip for us.She booked balconies specifically so she can smoke. She plans to spend lots of time on it just sitting and smoking. I am rooming with my sister and her daughter. My neice doesnt smoke and has asthma,so Im guessing my sister will spend lots of time out there with Mom. I truly hope that nobody is bothered by it,but it is common knowlege that smoking is no longer allowed in the cabins(Thank God!!!)so the balcony is it. Hopefully nobody will be mean to my Mom about her smoking.

Me I can live without the damn thing. I dont smoke and I plan to be off doing lots of fun stuff on board! Being a nonsmoker totally rules because I dont have to worry about a place ot smoke,or taking time out from what Im doing to go smoke,or having to suffer withdrawals. Almost 2 years quit for me and i dont miss it at all!!

Archived