side trip to Shanghai???

annette54

We're looking at a cruise that does not go to Shanghai. We will be doing a pre cruise tour of Beijing & Xian. Can anyone give me their opinion as to weather or not it would be worth adding Shanghai to our pre-cruise trip? Thanks.

Thanks for your help Paul. We're going to contact a company that does Shanghai together with Beijing & Xian (which our cruise doesn't cover either). We'll ask if they go to the places you have mentioned.

Annette

We spent five nights in Shanghai and barely scratched the surface. If you want to see modern China with its explosive growth you will want to go to Shanghai.

I did my shopping for made to measure silk clothes there. Check this out on Trip Advisor.

If you have the time, you will not regret a visit to Shanghai. Afterall, how often are you in this part of the world? Do try to give it at least a couple of days. Shanghai can be quite a high-energy city. The Chinese/New York/European vibe to the city is quite unique.

Shanghai is now 5 hours by bullet train from Beijing.

Hello Annette,

We will be in Shanghai In October on a Holland America Cruise and prefer to use local tour operators. would apppreciate your informing me as to who you found offering tours, and I can email them direct to see if they will pick up/return cruise passengers. Thanks Direct email is best: size1 (at)sbcglobal.net

Stan

Archived