Disembarkation at Civitavecchia

nho9504

I wonder if anyone here has experiences at Disembarkation at Civitavecchia after a Transatlantic cruise?

We are taking the Crown 4/28 Transatlantic that ends at Civitavecchia on May 12. We intend to take the high speed train directly to Genoa from there. It is about a 4 hours train ride on high speed train.

Princess shows Crown will dock at Civitavecchia at 4:00am. If people can start walk off at 5:30am, we would have ample time to catch the 07:37am train because the train station is just about 20 minutes walk. Been used the train to get to Rome many times in the past.

There is a 07:37 train with Mini Fare of 19 euro. The one after that departs at 08:54 but the Mini Fare is 29 euro. 2 later trains also at 29 euro until the one at 14xx it goes back down to 19 euro.

I wonder if anyone has prior experiences as to the disembarkation, would really appreciate.

The problem with debarking in Italy is that the customs and dock workers use what I would call "Italian" time. They will be there to clear the ship and to begin the debark when they are ready. I have only been there once to debark and the debark started at 8:30 AM because the dock workers were late. It also worked the other way in that the one time we embarked from that port we didn't start until after 3 PM.

The problem with debarking in Italy is that the customs and dock workers use what I would call "Italian" time. They will be there to clear the ship and to begin the debark when they are ready. I have only been there once to debark and the debark started at 8:30 AM because the dock workers were late. It also worked the other way in that the one time we embarked from that port we didn't start until after 3 PM.
I agree and you do need the bus to take you to the port entrance!

Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot about the bus that one needs to take to get to the port's gate.

So with the Italian time, it is better to be safe and book a train much later.

I hope more people would provide their experiences in their disembarkation at Civitavecchia.

I've gotten off around 7:30 a.m. before, the bus waiting to take us to the main gate. I have already booked to Florence via Pisa by train for 38 euro for 2, the train leaves Civit. at 8:45. If I were you, I would book the later, you may be cutting it to close just to save a few euros!

I've gotten off around 7:30 a.m. before, the bus waiting to take us to the main gate. I have already booked to Florence via Pisa by train for 38 euro for 2, the train leaves Civit. at 8:45. If I were you, I would book the later, you may be cutting it to close just to save a few euros!

Thanks for the info!

We have changed our mind - instead of going to Genoa, now we would go to Torino or Milano instead.

I have reserved an Avis but would look into the train options.

Archived