Credit Card Fraud?

4hunters

I have not had a problem with Carnival but I did have my card used for fradulent charges after booking a cruise on another line. It was a brand new account and I had only used it for that cruise. Luckily the credit card company caught it and called.

Mine was stolen recently. They bought 3 Jet Blue tickets to the Dominican Republic, one of which was in my name.

The credit card company did not notice it, but I did since I monitor my accounts a couple of times a week. In addition to notifying the the credit card company, I called Jet Blue since the confirmation number was on the charge and I was really annoyed. Hopefully Jet Blue did not let them board, but who knows?

Let them boaard? Law enforcement should have met the thieves and arrested them. No wonder thieves continue to prey on the rest of us since it seems nobody cares.

OP here... Since this old post has been resurrected and in reading some of the latest responses I'm starting to think that maybe there is a connection between Carnival employees and the CC fraud. Of course this could all be a coincidence, but I'm really beginning to doubt it.

Either way, like I said a few months back, I will never give Carnival my CC number over the phone again.

OP here... Since this old post has been resurrected and in reading some of the latest responses I'm starting to think that maybe there is a connection between Carnival employees and the CC fraud. Of course this could all be a coincidence, but I'm really beginning to doubt it.

Either way, like I said a few months back, I will never give Carnival my CC number over the phone again.

I have a PVP that I've dealt with for years, and trust. AND I always use a land based telephone when using my CC. Foolproof? No, but that's about all I can do. It's either putting your CC # on line or the phone, your choice.

Archived