Best NCL ship for 5 and 8 year old girls

tommy2tone41

Someone on another forum topic was mentioning that many NCL ships are great for kids, with waterslides, climbing walls and other kid-friendly activities beyond kids club. How do I get started trying to figure out which ships have what on them? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, the Epic has big water slides, and I think a splash type area, though I've never been on that ship.... I assume it has a rock wall, but you'd have to look at the website to be sure.

Jewel class ships (Pearl, Jewel, Jade, Gem) all have two big water slides in the main pool, and climbing walls, and bowling alleys. They do not have much of a pool set-up for a younger set, so if your kids aren't comfortable in about 4 feet of water, that might be a problem (though the water slides empty out into a very shallow area, so that would be OK)

The Dawn and Star have WONDERFUL aft kids pool areas for kids who aren't comfortable in deeper water... pools that are 2-3 feet deep, slides that aren't too babyish, but aren't huge either, and even a kids hot tub. The Star has a bigger water slide in the main pool too (actually 2 of them), but not the Dawn.

The Spirit also has the great aft kids pool.

NCL's website will give lots of details on this as well...

The Epic has a MASSIVE kids club, 3 water slides, a pool/fountain area, bowling alleys, rappelling/climbing wall, the best buffet on the ocean and "Nick" shows. You really can't go wrong with any, but the Epic is special.

177-vi.jpg

178-vi.jpg

238-vi.jpg

422-vi.jpg

474-vi.jpg

664-vi.jpg

Archived