Teens enjoy formal night?

txteachers

Elation - formal nights - traveling with 13 & 15 yr old - super teens (niece & nephew, so may be biased ;) )

I'd love to hear from any of you who have travelled with your teens if they've enjoyed the formal nights, or would they rather have skipped it???

(These are teens whose hobbies would include reading, classical music, and of course video games.)

I dont have teens, but we were on the Elation the week of 4/3 and we saw MANY teens dressed up for formal nights. Seems like there were more girls than boys, but they seemed like they were having a good time. I guess teens dont get to dress up like that except for prom or homecoming, so maybe they will enjoy it?!

We cruised on Conquest last month with the kids.. ages 7, 11, 13, 14 and 17.. Lets just say they didnt have a choice :0) they were told ahead of time that the 2 formal nights they had to spend with us. They dressed up very nicely and we took family pictures. They also ate dinner with us on those nights. Other than that they were allowed to do the kid activities.. but not on formal nights. I dont think they loved it, but they didnt seem to mind all that much. There are alot of other teens that were dressed up and taking pictures and ate dinner with the family.. I think they will be fine.

Our first cruise, my teen son was not excited about it. However, the rule was,,,wear the tux, have your picture taken with mom, have dinner with us, smile the entire time, and after dinner you can change back into regular clothes, or stay home. He decided to entertain us with the formal wear.

The next cruise, he was the one who reminded us that we needed to get the tuxes lined up.

Bottom line is he enjoyed it. Especially after all the girls seemed to pay more attention to him when he was all cleaned up.

I took my neice for her 16th birthday. She had a blast wearing her gown from the Prom the previous spring. People stopped her and told her how pretty she was, etc. Of course, after dinner she changed and was back in shorts and t-shirt and running with her new friends. But it was nice while it lasted!

June

My teens (boys) go to dinner with us each night. It's a family vacation and it's just expected. They've never complained about it.........they know where the good food is!:) As far as dressing up, most kids/teens change back into their casual clothes after dinner anyway, so it's not like they have to wear their formal wear all night.

My girls have loved the formal night. Of course my younger one gets the pictures taken with us and then heads back with her friends. Last year on the Conquest the teen room had their own formal night. I can't remember how long they stayed in fancy clothes. I know a group of the kids got their own picture taken and one of the boys bought my daughter a picture for her.

Formal nights are my 13yo DD favorites nights on the cruise. She looks forward to all of us dressing up and getting the portaits taken. Her formal dresses and accesories are the first thing she packs when we are getting ready to go on a cruise.

I have to say My Kids enjoyed the Formal nights very much..my Daughter got to Dress Up like a Princess and My son well..he said He was 007..Bond James Bond he even brought a few squirt guns for Pics in the Cabin..Came out cute!1 They have already gotten excited about the Next cruise and what they will be wearing for Formal nights. So yes my Kids did enjoy one of which is a teen other 10 but thinks he is Teen..lol. Also it is great time to take those family pictures you been meaning to do..they always come out so good.

My daugther (17) enjoyed formal night more than my son (14) but he was fine with it. As soon as the dinner was over and the pictures taken we all went back to room and changed before heading out for the evening activities and show. Most of the teen boys on my cruise wore nice pants, nice shirt and a tie. Very few in jackets or suits. The girls were dressed up much more.

My boys (13/15) dressed up without much difficulty. They knew ahead of time that we expected them to eat with us each night and dress up on formal nights. They put up with all the picture taking nicely too!

I agree with another poster....they knew where the GOOD food was :p

Archived