Breakaway Reveals - No interest?

negc

NCL has recently revealed some details about the Breakaway - "The Waterfront" and "678 Ocean Place" and yet there seems to be little or no mention or comments on these boards. Am I missing something. If there has already been a thread on the Breakaway's news, should it really be necessary to go back several pages to find it. Once again, one has to wonder about NCL's PR department's ability to generate buzz about its new generation of ships. Also am I the only one to wonder about the similarities between the names "The Waterfront" on Breakaway, and "Boardwalk" on RCI's Oasis and Allure?

NCL has recently revealed some details about the Breakaway - "The Waterfront" and "678 Ocean Place" and yet there seems to be little or no mention or comments on these boards. Am I missing something. If there has already been a thread on the Breakaway's news, should it really be necessary to go back several pages to find it. Once again, one has to wonder about NCL's PR department's ability to generate buzz about its new generation of ships. Also am I the only one to wonder about the similarities between the names "The Waterfront" on Breakaway, and "Boardwalk" on RCI's Oasis and Allure?

You are late to the show.

There were several long threads here when the pictures were released recently.

And yet there are no mentions in the last three or more days. I just think that the fact that comments have dried up so quickly says something about the lack of buzz. How far back does one have to go to find the comments?

NCL has recently revealed some details about the Breakaway - "The Waterfront" and "678 Ocean Place" and yet there seems to be little or no mention or comments on these boards. Am I missing something. If there has already been a thread on the Breakaway's news, should it really be necessary to go back several pages to find it.

Feel free to locate the prior thread and bump it and add your contribution.

And yet there are no mentions in the last three or more days. I just think that the fact that comments have dried up so quickly says something about the lack of buzz. How far back does one have to go to find the comments?

With 20,000 posts I assume you know how to use the search function?

Feel free to locate the prior thread and bump it and add your contribution.

I did but this thread seems to be having the desired effect. Had I not posted this question, the prior thread may have drifted even further back into oblivion.:) The outside dining areas look quite attractive and should be quite popular in warm weather months, but we were recently (February) on Silhouette out of NJ and for the first three and last two days of our cruise, the outside bars and restaurants were basically unavailable due to the weather conditions. The Lawn was even covered with heavy plastic sheeting to protect it from the cold weather. In the late Fall, Winter,and early Spring months, these restaurants and bars may be severely underutilized unless some sort of weather protective curtains are available to protect passengers from the elements.

I'm well familiar with the "search" feature but didn't think it should be necessary to use it to find comments about such a recent development.

I did but this thread seems to be having the desired effect. Had I not posted this question, the prior thread may have drifted even further back into oblivion.:) The outside dining areas look quite attractive and should be quite popular in warm weather months, but we were recently (February) on Silhouette out of NJ and for the first three and last two days of our cruise, the outside bars and restaurants were basically unavailable due to the weather conditions. The Lawn was even covered with heavy plastic sheeting to protect it from the cold weather. In the late Fall, Winter,and early Spring months, these restaurants and bars may be severely underutilized unless some sort of weather protective curtains are available to protect passengers from the elements.

I'm well familiar with the "search" feature but didn't think it should be necessary to use it to find comments about such a recent development.

Odd. Why didn't you just start a thread about the Breakaway then or bump the other one? :confused:

Odd. Why didn't you just start a thread about the Breakaway then or bump the other one? :confused:

I did start a thread asking about the apparent lack of commentary on the Breakaway. Really, 73 posts about what one would expect to be a major development for NCL? Just surprised at what I perceived to be a lack of interest on the part of NCL enthusiasts. Even this thread has generated almost a dozen posts in a very short time.:)

I've been too busy booking the Breakaway based on what I know thus far. :) I'm sure everyone, myself included, will have more to say when they release more information.

You can only say "love, love, love" so many times.

My personal thought is maybe since they haven't released deck plans etc there's not that much to talk about?? I clicked on the link when it was posted last week and was hoping for a little more info but that's just me. I'll be waiting and checking back often though.

Also am I the only one to wonder about the similarities between the names "The Waterfront" on Breakaway, and "Boardwalk" on RCI's Oasis and Allure?

I had similar concerns recently in distinguishing between Carson City, and Atlantic City.

I think my confusion stemmed from them both having the word "City".

I'm not sure how Waterfront could be confused with Boardwalk. Boardwalk is a property on a monopoly board, and waterfront is where my cottage is. :)

Easily distinguishable.

Funny also how you're so concerned about the lack of PR for a ship whose keel hasn't even been laid yet, and whose first sailing is more than a year away.

My personal thought is maybe since they haven't released deck plans etc there's not that much to talk about?? I clicked on the link when it was posted last week and was hoping for a little more info but that's just me. I'll be waiting and checking back often though.

They have been revised for deck 6, 7 & 8 on the NCL site. See here:

http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/decks/2/8#tab_detail

I did but this thread seems to be having the desired effect. Had I not posted this question, the prior thread may have drifted even further back into oblivion.:)

Or you could have bumped the prior thread ... instead of stirring the pot.

Eagerly awaiting details on the swimming pools, restaurants, lounges and other public areas?

Last anouncements covered almost all the restaurants next webinar April 27 for a big announcement about Norwegian Breakaway's waterparks, recreation and entertainment

Last anouncements covered almost all the restaurants next webinar April 27 for a big announcement about Norwegian Breakaway's waterparks, recreation and entertainment

I'm super excited for this one!!! Really want to see the waterpark info!!!

Obviously you don't bother to keep up with the boards. Your announcement is "so last week". We don't really need threads telling us no one has any interest when we've already discussed it extensively.

Your comparison of the names Waterfront and Boardwalk is amusing. :rolleyes:

There has been quite a bit of talk about the Breakaway recently, but remember that is not the only topic of conversation. Most people are asking questions about their upcoming cruises, etc. and as the Breakaway hasn't even been completed yet, there is not the "anticipated buzz" that you so eagerly seek. While many of us are just as excited as you are, most of us tend to live in the here and now.

As for the similarities been the Boardwalk and Waterfront? Again, I have not noticed a similarity in the names. However, I'm sure even you have heard the phrase, "imitation is the best form of flattery"?

Ive only had a mild interest in this ship. Only from the standpoint of its new and interesting. So I read the press releases when they come out and thats about all.

Im more interested in the ships that go where Im going! :p

Ive already been to Bermuda and Bahamas, so based on that I have no real interest in this ship.

Now if it were going someplace totally new (like Asia) Id be all over it. ;)

Obviously you don't bother to keep up with the boards. Your announcement is "so last week". We don't really need threads telling us no one has any interest when we've already discussed it extensively.

Your comparison of the names Waterfront and Boardwalk is amusing. :rolleyes:

HighFive.jpeg

Also am I the only one to wonder about the similarities between the names "The Waterfront" on Breakaway, and "Boardwalk" on RCI's Oasis and Allure?

You are the only one. Unless they named it "The Waterwalk" or "The Boardfront," I don't see the issue at all. But I do wonder whether RCI worried about confusion between their Boardwalk and the many others across the globe, including Disney's.

Quiet everyone please. I had little to no interest in the Epic when she was introduced, but with the announcements about the Breakaway-I'm interested (a lot). But the prices are too high for me, so let's keep it quiet and

hopefully there will be fewer bookings, and hopefully prices will drop, and hopefully I'll book :)

Archived