Cost for PVP?

aidansaunt2004

I have always booked through Carnival directly. I've been looking at cruises and now a PVP is calling me. He's friendly and knows his information. I flat out asked how much extra I would pay to book through him and he didn't give me an answer. He said there's an additional fee but it is worth it because he will know about secret sales and will watch for price drops up until 2 days before cruising etc.

Does anyone know how much extra using a PVP will cost? I don't want to waste his time because time is money.

Hi, I have used a PVP each time I have booked and I do not believe there is any extra fee assessed for booking with Carnival PVP. Mine is actually very very helpful and really knows his stuff. I really can't think of what "extra" charge you would get for booking through a PVP.

I have used a PVP on the last 3 bookings and have NEVER paid a fee - I know what the prices are of the cruises I booked and they are exactly the same when I call him and have him book them.

My understanding is that they get a commission from Carnival; but I have never paid any more that if I booked it myself.

Tam

Agree with above posters - are you sure this person was actually calling you directly from Carnival? Their PVP should not book you in at any higher rate than you would receive online - we have done one booking ourselves and one for a friend through a PVP because the online system wasn't working right, and they offered us the exact same lowest rate upfront that we saw online ( eg Early Saver, Resident, 55+ etc)

I have never paid a penny extra for the PVP BUT have received a great deal of value! Mine has gotten me a better deck, room location and just today scored me an upgrade! They know SO MUCH info about the ships and itineraries! They are a GREAT resource! Enjoy your cruise! 38 days to go for me!

I have used a PVP on the last 3 bookings and have NEVER paid a fee - I know what the prices are of the cruises I booked and they are exactly the same when I call him and have him book them.

My understanding is that they get a commission from Carnival; but I have never paid any more that if I booked it myself.

Tam

I asked my PVP about commissions during our last booking because I had a lot of extended family go with us. He said they do not receive monetary commissions, but they get things like free cruises, extra days off, comp hours.

Did they give on extension number to dial after you call the 800 Carnival number?

You can book directly through the Carnival web site and find your own price drops with fareviewer. No extra cost.

If there is a fee. Findout what it is before you book.

That is so strange. I talked to him about 15 minutes ago and when I asked how much extra I will pay he told me there is a fee but didn't disclose the amount.

I'm so confused...

That IS odd. PVPs, or any Carnival rep for that matter, do not charge anything to book a cruise thru them.

That is so strange. I talked to him about 15 minutes ago and when I asked how much extra I will pay he told me there is a fee but didn't disclose the amount.

I'm so confused...

There is no fee with PVP. Make sure he is really working for Carnival before you book. He should give you his email address and phone # and you can check it out.

That IS odd. PVPs, or any Carnival rep for that matter, do not charge anything to book a cruise thru them.

Contact Carnival through their 800# and ask to speak to PVP. Ask them if there is a fee. If you are truly speaking to Carnival, there is NO FEE for using a PVP. There are a lot of funky little shops that will call and try to get you to book through them and use the terminology. But, a Carnival PVP does not charge.

Carnival"s # 800-819-3902 or 305-599-2600

I just called the toll free number. It says it's Carnival and to enter the 5 digit extension for my Pvp. He gave me 1-800-819-3902. Is that the same number the rest of you use?:confused:

I would call him back and ask again just to play along and see where it goes.

If indeed there was no miscommunication and he tells you there is a fee I'd notify CCL.

Bill

I wonder if he was teasing somehow, or if you misinterpreted what he was saying. By the phone number he gave you, and the email he sent which must be from Carnival, it now sounds like he is a legitimate PVP. I would inquire further & try to get clarification from him. Or move on, and ask for another PVP. At least you now know that there is no additional fee booking thru Carnival's PVP or CVS.

I just called the toll free number. It says it's Carnival and to enter the 5 digit extension for my Pvp. He gave me 1-800-819-3902. Is that the same number the rest of you use?:confused:

That is the number I used and everyone else going on our cruise used. None of us paid a fee for our PVP. Did you try to call the number again and get someone else to help you. What did they say?

A PVP I used a long time ago gave me a call last night, and I told him that I already booked a cruise with Carnival. He asked me through who, and I said I just called the 800 number. He didn't seem too happy that I did not call him, and asked why.

I just told him that I like to be able to call, and talk to anyone. Rates in the travel industry can change quickly. I do not want to have to wait until the next day, or over a weekend for a call back.

I always do my own research on a third party site, and then call Carnival to book as the rate I get is not offered through Carnival's website. One time I actually found a better deal through the third party site, and the Carnival agent said, "wow that's a great deal. If you can get that deal I would do that." so thats what I did.

I know totally off subject but since we were talking PVPs I thought I would throw it out there.

Archived