things to do Half Cay Moon Bahamas,

dja31705

What are the must do's in Half Cay Moon Bahamas. We didn't get a cabana. Will there be rental chairs, etc

We didn't get a cabana either. Just booked a month ago, and was wondering the same thing. From all the reviews, it sounds like a beautiful slice of HEAVEN!!!!!!! Thank GOD we are beach going people and enjoy drinking and eating. Lol. Looking forward to it. :D

No fee for chairs. Grab one and put it in shade or sun and enjoy the most beautiful beach on earth.

Going in September, from what I've been able to tell, it's pretty much a beach day, either lay out, or get the cabanna and do the same. I've heard that some people (depending on weather) end up going back to the ship early to get out of the sun, whereas most people getting cabanas seem to really enjoy the whole time on the island. Can't wait to see for myself. Still on the fence about the cabana, seems pretty $$$$

We opt for the cabanas - we're not sun people (too many risk factors for skin cancer:(). The first two times we had 4 people in the cabana, so price-wise it wound up being comparable to one of the excursions. Last year we were in the Grand Cabana with a group from our roll call - we're definitely spoiled.:D There are some shaded areas, and you can also rent a clamshell that fits two loungers - I think it was $20 for a clamshell. HMC is a beautiful beach.

Another option is to go to one of the beach bars at HMC.

Works better for us than a cabana since we very much enjoy socializing with other pax. :cool:

Sorry this may sound stupid... I always wondered what PAX stands for? Thanks. :)

Just returned from there last week we just got the chairs if we got hot either walked around the island or got in water. There is more shade on that island than you could ever use. My suggestion is to watch for the free floating matts to open up and go jump on one of those.

We rented a clamshell.... And we were able to fit 3 lounge chairs! There were 4 of us total so the fourth person put the lounge chair right next to the clamshell and there was shade for most of the day because we were also right by a tree. Gets pretty crowded... I would suggest going further down the beach.. At least further than the pirate ship bar :-D

What is the Grand Cabana? I assume it fits more people than a regular Cabana. Also, is it conveniently located near rest rooms, etc.?

We opt for the cabanas - we're not sun people (too many risk factors for skin cancer:(). The first two times we had 4 people in the cabana, so price-wise it wound up being comparable to one of the excursions. Last year we were in the Grand Cabana with a group from our roll call - we're definitely spoiled.:D There are some shaded areas, and you can also rent a clamshell that fits two loungers - I think it was $20 for a clamshell. HMC is a beautiful beach.

We were there this past Jan, on our actual Anniversary day! We didn't spend a dime (just walked pretty far out and picked two loungers) and it was the BEST beach day EVER! The beach and water is just gorgeous, walked to the lunch buffet and got a huge plate of YUMMY fruit and drinks to take back to our chairs.

The cabanas looked cool, but I personally wouldn't spend the $ except maybe in the hottest months when the a/c would be a welcomed retreat. Just my 2 cents:)

I know the cabana's are for 4 people, but do they enforce that? We have 9 in our party, and just wondering if we got one, just to use as a base, do they care if more than 4 people come and go out of it?

Well I think technically you are supposed to pay extra per person over 4, but then I think you would get the float, snorkel gear, soda and fruit/chips for the extra people. SO I don't think it would be an issue at all for more people to just come and go from your cabana, but you would only get the "amenities" for 4.

We were just there the first week of Feb. It was AWSOME!!! We did the parasailing excursion and had an incredible time. We went early so we had plenty of time to snorkle, sunbathe, swim, explore, etc. Plenty of shade, and what we thought was so great was that the sand was never hot on our feet. It was paradise.

What are the must do's in Half Cay Moon Bahamas. We didn't get a cabana. Will there be rental chairs, etc

Plenty of sand, free chairs, BBQ, etc. also can snorkel for a fee but we found it very pretty and fun. There's quite a bit of kids areas to play in also. No excursion needed here. Plenty of fun if you are the beach type

I know the cabana's are for 4 people, but do they enforce that? We have 9 in our party, and just wondering if we got one, just to use as a base, do they care if more than 4 people come and go out of it?

They do not enforce it. Infact, I went to Shore excursion desk and was told not to pay. They said no worries

We will be there in Jan. Rented a cabana, now with hearing that there is alot of shade if needed thinking about just getting a chair under a tree or shell. We have our own snorkel gear. What to do What to do!!! Help, Will the weather be to hot in Jan.???

Archived