ferry

claridge

Dear All

First of all can I say thank you for all the information that I have been given already.

But I have one more question, we are staying at the rennasance in Elizabeth, for Two nights, is it possible to get a ferry over to NYC and how do we get to it and and back.

Thanks in advance

Claridge

It is possible to take a ferry, but it will not be easy or cheap from the Renaissance. What day of the week would you do this? A lot of the ferry service only runs weekdays during rush hours.

Where do you want to go in Manhattan? What do you want to do during your stay? The Staten Island Ferry is free, but round trip to Si will take an hour+.

To go to Ground Zero you would:

1) Take the hotel shuttle to P4 on the monorail, the monorail to the Newark Airport Station, the train to Newark ($8.25), and Path to the World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan ($2)

2) Take a cab to Elizabeth Station, the train to Newark ($2.75), and Path to the World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan ($2)

3) Take a cab to Newark Penn Station ($20-25) and Path to the World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan ($2)

If you really want to take a ferry, you can get one near Exchange Place for about an extra $9/pp each way. I can provide details.

If you go to Times Square (#1, 2, 3, or R train) , you want to come back to the Newark, Elizabeth, or Newark Airport station from New York Penn Station at 32nd-33rd St and 8th Ave. One way fare to Newark is $5, to Elizabeth $6.75, and to Newark Airport $12.50

There is a surcharge to use the train from the airport, which is why the fare is so much higher. Are you by any chance seniors? If so, the fares are about 1/2 price.

Archived