What toiletries are in the rooms ?

oceanbound22

No razors, shaving cream or comb.

Not being a male, I'm probably off base here, but it seems to me that most men have a preferred brand of razor and shaving foam. Certainly my husband doesn't mind using an airplane washbag razor as a one off, but for a 7 day plus cruise he would always want to bring his own choice of razor. He's a bit of a one-off though!

Oh how I miss the bathroom on the Shadow!

I usually pick up razer and shaving cream from the airline amenity bag or hotel before embarkation. Otherwise I use the hair conditioner as my shaving cream. But I'm female so that's just for a couple of times a week.

I don't recall seeing an emery board or comb but if you are traveling that light, perhaps Silversea isn't the cruiseline for you because I'm sure you could make room in your dress shoes or a pocket.

Cotton balls and q-tips are also in the bathroom but the q-tips are not name brand and very sparse so I travel with my own.

You can buy a large number of products in the shop - including shaving cream and razors and nail polish remover.

And for people requiring non-allergenic items, after my experience on the Wind, you are probably best to pack what you need. At first I was told Neutrogena wasn't offered (despite putting it in my pre-cruise requests and it was in the brochure in the cabin describing Silversea) and then told the products were on one of the missing containers. This was a sea day intensive cruise up Africa so popping off the ship to pick up what I needed wasn't an option. After they were made aware of the rash I developed on my hands (I was using the Bulgari soap at the sink but the rest was my own stuff), an incomplete set of the Neutrogena appeared and, along with what I carry on my own for pre/post cruise, I managed fine. By the end of the 29 day cruise the rash had cleared up. Thankfully, I had meds for the rash because I made the mistake of using the Bulgari in 2011 and developed a rash then.

On our Cloud cruise, (Feb.), I wasn't offered anything else. I did pack my own Bodywash, etc. Husband used the Bulgari. I should have asked if it was available, but since I brought my own, it wasn't an issue. Sorry you got a rash, Kate. SS really needs to go with at least 1 hypoallergenic choice. I always carry an emery board in my purse, and use disposable razors. Husband brings his own shaving kit.

Archived