Park at remote lot in Miami?

beach410

Whats your experiences been parking at a lot outside of Miami Port and taking their shuttle?

We are looking at other options, we arent staying in a hotel the night before because were staying with friends in Boca. I like the convenience of parking right at the port, but not the price. I see a few other options available for less then 1/2, is it worth it?

Whats your experiences been parking at a lot outside of Miami Port and taking their shuttle?

We are looking at other options, we arent staying in a hotel the night before because were staying with friends in Boca. I like the convenience of parking right at the port, but not the price. I see a few other options available for less then 1/2, is it worth it?

We did the Hotel and leave the car at the hotel package, and I know you said you were not staying at the hotel, but the cost for us was actually cheaper than just parking at the port, so you could just get the room and not use it and it might still be cheaper than parking at the port.

We did the Hotel and leave the car at the hotel package, and I know you said you were not staying at the hotel, but the cost for us was actually cheaper than just parking at the port, so you could just get the room and not use it and it might still be cheaper than parking at the port.

Our hotel package was cheaper to leave the car there than at the port.

Depending upon where we stay the night before we either do hotel package or offsite parking.

Only problem with shuttle is sometimes you have to wait forever for them. Lately we use offsite parking andtake cab back and forth.

Be careful with remote lots..We had a BAD experience in FLL w/ a parking company that had deep discounted rates.

We paid extra for garage parking..still cheaper than at the port...waited FOREVER for the shuttle to get to the pier and then back after the cruise.

When we returned they 'couldn't find' our vehicle..after almost an hour, DH went driving around the remote lots with one of the attendants and he found it. Obviously not parked in preferred garage parking. We didn't wait in line yet again to dispute the difference and complain cause we were rushing to Miami to another cruise leaving that pm..

When we arrived at the miami port we discovered a dent in the quarter panel..took photos w the cell phone emailed the photo and called the manager of the FLL lot. He conveniently wasn't there but we were told to fax a claim.

Of course we couldn't do that til a week later because of the other cruise. When we returned and did fax the claim it was denied because 'too much time had passed'

In the meantime the photo of the dent w/ time and date stamp was conveniently 'lost' by the company. They said resubmitting would do no good cause we could 'alter' it.

So aggravating..we decided it's just a small dent and can live with it..not worth small claims court etc...but a frustrating reminder and how sometimes it's just not worth it to save a little $$!!

We always use Premier Cruise Parking and have always had good luck. I think we booked it online through Global Airport parking. It's a secure garage only 5 minutes away.

I wanted to use them next month but their first shuttle to the pier was way later than I wanted.

Buy online from portofmiamiparking for $31.50 for the week. You are directly on 150 ne 7th street just west of the AA arena. The cab fare from bicayne blvd over the bridge to the Carnival Liberty was $10.00 For return locate the white van that says "Crew Shuttle" for $3.00 he will drop you off on the west side of the bridge & biscayne Blvd. Walk 2 blocks to your vehicle & drive back over to get your luggage & peeps. Don't forget your keys. Always best regards, Brifro

Brifro--was that 10.00$ per person for a cab or for more than one? We are considering using this lot since we will have two vehicles carrying 10 people total. Our thought was to drop luggage and 8 people at the port, then have two drive the vehicles to the parking area. The other off site parking areas have shuttles but charge extra for over two people per vehicle so we figured may as well save what we can.

Brifro--was that 10.00$ per person for a cab or for more than one? We are considering using this lot since we will have two vehicles carrying 10 people total. Our thought was to drop luggage and 8 people at the port, then have two drive the vehicles to the parking area. The other off site parking areas have shuttles but charge extra for over two people per vehicle so we figured may as well save what we can.

Last cruise we used this lot with no problems. There is homeless folks that hang around on the street but they do not bother anyone. I dropped my wife at the port drop off with our bags and drove back and parked. As said above just walk to Biscayne Blvd and hail a cab (this is the easiest way to do it). The fare to the port was like $7 for myself and I handed the driver a $10. For the return back to lot my wife and I rode back to the lot the fare was $10 and I gave him $12.

I would use this lot again! Remember it is just a parking lot with a fence it's not covered. It is what it is.

Someone mentioned that they wanted to use Premier, but that their first shuttle to the pier was was too late. What time is their first shuttle to the pier? It seems to me that if they are picking up passengers from the ship that they can then take you back to the ship when the shuttle returns to pick up more. Anyone have info on this?? Thanks

I use Premier Cruise Park - They use to have on line booking-now you must call them direct at 1-800-435-3195. They have a 5 story garage within sight of the ships! I have used them twice and will be parking again on the 28th of March for 11 night-at a cost of $95.95!

We have always had a shuttle waiting as we drove up and then have never had to wait more than a few minutes after arriving back at the port. I like that the parking is covered. You do not pay for the parking until you exit the garage!! They give you a code to give to the attendent upon arriving.

I am not sure if they charge for more than 2 people-I would ask when booking then you can always drop off at the port and be at the garage in a matter of less than 5 minutes!

Happy Cruising!

Diane

Archived