BV Cakes

Lhorn1209

My upcoming cruise is for my mothers birthday(my treat:)) and I wanted to order one of the cakes out of the Bon Voyage. Has anyone ever had one these? Would you recommend them? When do you get them also..Like at Dinner or are they in your room?

My upcoming cruise is for my mothers birthday(my treat:)) and I wanted to order one of the cakes out of the Bon Voyage. Has anyone ever had one these? Would you recommend them? When do you get them also..Like at Dinner or are they in your room?

We haven't tried the Bon Voyage cakes, there is just so much food available on the ship no one wanted to pay extra. Just mention the Birthday to your server and they will make sure something special is brought out.

I've done the Drink Coupons before. On the Pride they were delivered by the bar waiter at dinner the first night ready to take their first drink order with them.

I've gottem them before and liked them - I'm pretty sure they are delivered at dinner (and that you can request which night? not sure)

Also, the waiters will sing to your mom:)

There are different sizes, depending on the number of people you want to serve and either chocolate or vanilla.

You can also order them once you get on board.

Also you can order room decorations!

I've gottem them before and liked them - I'm pretty sure they are delivered at dinner (and that you can request which night? not sure)

Also, the waiters will sing to your mom:)

There are different sizes, depending on the number of people you want to serve and either chocolate or vanilla.

You can also order them once you get on board.

Also you can order room decorations!

Thanks so much! I want to make this cruise as exciting as I can for her.

I ordered the chocolate one for my Honey's b-day on our cruise last year. They delivered it at dinner, with candles, and sang to him. It was very yummy, but sadly much of it went to waste because there is just so much food!!! We were in a booth alone or I'd have shared it with table mates. I should have offered it to the surrounding tables. :rolleyes: The waitstaff were kind enough to wrap it up so we could take it back to the room.

I ordered the chocolate one for my Honey's b-day on our cruise last year. They delivered it at dinner, with candles, and sang to him. It was very yummy, but sadly much of it went to waste because there is just so much food!!! We were in a booth alone or I'd have shared it with table mates. I should have offered it to the surrounding tables. :rolleyes: The waitstaff were kind enough to wrap it up so we could take it back to the room.

My mom's fav is chocolate so thats very good to know. I was going to order the 6 in cake since it is just her and me.

We have had both flavors.

And they are both verrrrrrry good!

You can tell them which night you want it at your table too.

I would mention it to your waiter or maitre'd the night before though, ours was forgotten on the last cruise and i had 3 of them ordered for 3 different tables! They brought them the next night and took the charges off my bill. So they more than made up for the mistake!

We have had both flavors.

And they are both verrrrrrry good!

You can tell them which night you want it at your table too.

I would mention it to your waiter or maitre'd the night before though, ours was forgotten on the last cruise and i had 3 of them ordered for 3 different tables! They brought them the next night and took the charges off my bill. So they more than made up for the mistake!

There is an option to have it brought out the night of Embarkation, which I would like to have it that way if possible. Her b-day is the 26th and we would set sail the 28th. I want to keep it as close to date as possible.

I ordered 3x and they are delicious !

If i remember correctly, when you order, there is an option for the delivery like : " To be deliver " with multiple choices "Embarkation or Dinner #1, Dinner #2, etc."

I ordered 3x and they are delicious !

If i remember correctly, when you order, there is an option for the delivery like : " To be deliver " with multiple choices "Embarkation or Dinner #1, Dinner #2, etc."

If I did Embarkation, then that would be dinner the night we set sail right?

No, with "Embarkation", the stuff you ordered is already in the stateroom when you walk in....

In your order, you select "to be deliver on night 1"

:p I ordered a "Bon Voyage" cake to be in the stateroom of our son and his gf on embarkation. I just thought, "I don't know if they were going to eat in the MDR the first night". So, my thinking, was just have it waiting in the room, along with soda coupons. But, hey, they just might end eating that for dinner!! :D

There is an option to have it brought out the night of Embarkation, which I would like to have it that way if possible. Her b-day is the 26th and we would set sail the 28th. I want to keep it as close to date as possible.

They will do it any night you choose.

Because of what happened with ours, i would suggest that you mention it to the maitre'd sometime before dinner, just to make sure the cake gets to your table.

They really are worth the money, much better than a lot of the desserts on the menu.

They will do it any night you choose.

Because of what happened with ours, i would suggest that you mention it to the maitre'd sometime before dinner, just to make sure the cake gets to your table.

They really are worth the money, much better than a lot of the desserts on the menu.

Alright thanks. I think I am about to place that order!

Archived